Jump to content
NurembergVillan

Marvelous Nakamba

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Did the operation start and finish in 92? 

Op took half a day - a week in QEII - on the NHS. Funny thing a US Cardio guy tells me there is no trace of the surgery - it was that good. (or old) (or the scars were drawn on my chest)

I did have a near death experience however - the day a nurse gave me a bath in lukewarm water in a bathroom with  the windows open -  in February  

Apologies for off topic nature of this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Op took half a day - a week in QEII - on the NHS. Funny thing a US Cardio guy tells me there is no trace of the surgery - it was that good. (or old) (or the scars were drawn on my chest)

I did have a near death experience however - the day a nurse gave me a bath in lukewarm water in a bathroom with  the windows open -  in February  

Apologies for off topic nature of this post.

Perhaps she should have jumped in with you 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Perhaps she should have jumped in with you 😀

There wasnt enough water for me and a Jamaican grannie

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRO said:

super,marvellous...you can't beat a bit of Bully

Wasn't it, super, smashin', great! - you can't beat a bit of bully?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wasn't it, super, smashin', great! - you can't beat a bit of bully?

I think it was actually, "Great. Smashing. Super". Followed by, on one occasion according to urban legend, "You word removed, Jim".

 

But, of course, maybe I'm conflating Bullseye with Reggie Perrin but I feel we are missing a "Swell City, Arizona" somewhere if that's the case. :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, privateer said:

I think it was actually, "Great. Smashing. Super". Followed by, on one occasion according to urban legend, "You word removed, Jim".

 

But, of course, maybe I'm conflating Bullseye with Reggie Perrin but I feel we are missing a "Swell City, Arizona" somewhere if that's the case. :lol:

I didn't get where I am today conflating Bullseye with Reggie Perrin!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wasn't it, super, smashin', great! - you can't beat a bit of bully?

it might have been, but it didn't fit.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

 

Nice, just a 10th medical left then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#StevoITK

 

Reason the medical is taking so long is some communication issues.

 

"So I'll just need your name"

"Marvelous"

"Yes it is really isn't it... so your name?"

"Marvelous"

"Quite. I'm so happy you're pleased to be here. Now what is your name?"

"Marvelous!"

"Okaaayyyy, but we really must get started... this really won't take long we just need to get these forms filled out before we can start"

"Marvelous. That's my name"

"What's your name?"

"Marvelous"

"What?!"

"Marvelous!"

"Yes this is all marvelous,  but what is your name?"

"Marvelous! That's my name!"

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

"THAT!"

"ohhhh... I see. My apologies, I misunderstood. I've got it now... That Nakamba"

"No that's not my name"

"But you just said your name was that"

"No I didn't, I said Marvelous"

"Yes everyone is Marvelous. Thank you, but what is your name then?"

"Marvelous"

"It's not **** marvelous actually, it's really quite irritating. WHAT'S YOUR **** NAME?!"

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

#StevoITK

 

Reason the medical is taking so long is some communication issues.

 

"So I'll just need your name"

"Marvelous"

"Yes it is really isn't it... so your name?"

"Marvelous"

"Quite. I'm so happy you're pleased to be here. Now what is your name?"

"Marvelous!"

"Okaaayyyy, but we really must get started... this really won't take long we just need to get these forms filled out before we can start"

"Marvelous. That's my name"

"What's your name?"

"Marvelous"

"What?!"

"Marvelous!"

"Yes this is all marvelous,  but what is your name?"

"Marvelous! That's my name!"

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

"THAT!"

"ohhhh... I see. My apologies, I misunderstood. I've got it now... That Nakamba"

"No that's not my name"

"But you just said your name was that"

"No I didn't, I said Marvelous"

"Yes everyone is Marvelous. Thank you, but what is your name then?"

 "Marvelous"

"It's not **** marvelous actually, it's really quite irritating. WHAT'S YOUR **** NAME?!"

serious leslie nielsen GIF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

#StevoITK

 

Reason the medical is taking so long is some communication issues.

 

"So I'll just need your name"

"Marvelous"

"Yes it is really isn't it... so your name?"

"Marvelous"

"Quite. I'm so happy you're pleased to be here. Now what is your name?"

"Marvelous!"

"Okaaayyyy, but we really must get started... this really won't take long we just need to get these forms filled out before we can start"

"Marvelous. That's my name"

"What's your name?"

"Marvelous"

"What?!"

"Marvelous!"

"Yes this is all marvelous,  but what is your name?"

"Marvelous! That's my name!"

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

"THAT!"

"ohhhh... I see. My apologies, I misunderstood. I've got it now... That Nakamba"

"No that's not my name"

"But you just said your name was that"

"No I didn't, I said Marvelous"

"Yes everyone is Marvelous. Thank you, but what is your name then?"

"Marvelous"

"It's not **** marvelous actually, it's really quite irritating. WHAT'S YOUR **** NAME?!"

Could be a Python sketch.  Does he also have a theory about Dinosaurs or sell cheese? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Who's on first base? 

Exactly what I was thinking

WhosOnFirst.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I should dig out my old "Who's at left back?" post, see how many 90s players people can remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â