Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

What are the contracts and transfer fees like in the womens football?

I've seen in passing that we have made a few signings in the last few days and I'd assume that they are decent players, I haven't seen any transfer fees mentioned though, do any tranfers cost in the millions? and does anyone have any idea on the contracts, are the top players on £40/50k is it more is it less?

I keep hearing about how it is growing in popularity, just wondering how that translates into the financial side of things.

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I've seen in passing that we have made a few signings in the last few days and I'd assume that they are decent players, I haven't seen any transfer fees mentioned though, do any tranfers cost in the millions? and does anyone have any idea on the contracts, are the top players on £40/50k is it more is it less?

I keep hearing about how it is growing in popularity, just wondering how that translates into the financial side of things.

I think le Arse just signed someone for 60-80k  England Forward from Lyon.  Transfer record for them I believe.

14 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Most expensive transfer in the women's game was Chelsea signing Pernille Harder last year (£250k), but most transfers happen with no fee at all, when a player's contract runs out (86.3% of them in 2019; just 3.5% with a fee: https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/global-transfer-market-report-2019-women.pdf?cloudid=dm3mxtl95tjrufvuohwn)

Edited by HanoiVillan

11 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

Yes, Birmingham were just as bad as us last season. 

Hope they are on right course 

The Birmingham women’s team was in a bit of a mess last season thanks to their owners penny pinching. It must have been tough staying motivated when you don’t have any decent training or physio facilities.

From memory they had games where they couldn’t even fill the subs bench. So I wouldn’t write off any of their players based on last season. It needs an eye casting further back to see if those players we are now poaching are any good or not.

We've got twenty players listed in our squad now on the official site of those Sian Rogers, Sarah Mayling, Olivia McLoughlin, Freya Gregory, Meaghan Sargeant, Remi Allen, Chloe Arthur, Marisa Ewers, and Shania Hayles have all played for Bham city, that's nine players, our England U19s internationals Missy Goodwin and Laura Brown also came from them as well, as well as Carla Ward.

This summer Mayling is the only one we've signed directly from them, and she was their player of the year, Allen left them five years ago, and Sargeant has spent the last two seasons at Bristol City but was injured for most of last season.

Looking at some of the results seems like we have quite a decent U21 team, which must be a good sign for the future as I imagine developing our own players will be a good strategy for us.

Edited by useless

She (Hannah Hampton) is another one from Bham City, was their supporters player of the year, and has apparently played for England U17s, U19, U21s as well as being called up to the senior squad whilst still only being twenty, so sounds quite promising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

We've got twenty players listed in our squad now on the official site of those Sian Rogers, Sarah Mayling, Olivia McLoughlin, Freya Gregory, Meaghan Sargeant, Remi Allen, Chloe Arthur, Marisa Ewers, and Shania Hayles have all played for Bham city, that's nine players, our England U19s internationals Missy Goodwin and Laura Brown also came from them as well, as well as Carla Ward.

This summer Mayling is the only one we've signed directly from them, and she was their player of the year, Allen left them five years ago, and Sargeant has spent the last two seasons at Bristol City but was injured for most of last season.

Looks like Small Heath Ladies are fast becoming our feeder club. It really is a dream move for them.:flag: 

image.jpeg.deb1140d73d5635245eef248c264ed3c.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's all been a bit of a whirlwind this week. Seems like a player a day, every day.

Great to see us continuing to invest and improve - we're a club that wants to succeed at everything we attempt.

Interesting season ahead.

• Like 3

Â