Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

You would think Blues will be nailed on for relegation next season. Whatever quality is left in their squad is going to be pillaged, hopefully we can benefit from that. 

Great opportunity to establish ourselves in the league now, hopefully they'll spend big again this summer.

Great result to hold Arsenal to a draw and to keep a cleansheet, they had won their last nine games in all competitions scoring 37 goals in the process, so one of the results of the season for us against the division's form team.

Also means that in the end we weren't reliant on the Bristol City losing, even if they had won we still still would have survived, in fact a bristol City win would have sent small heath down.

Those draws ended up keeping us up, five in a row to end the season, and hopefully something to build on, I imagine there will be a lot of strengthening of the team again in the summer, I think 15 goals all season tells us where we need improving the most.

• Like 2

Similar to the men’s team in a way, just one year behind? 

Year 1 - get promoted

Year 2 - stay up on final day of the season

Year 3 - strengthen and achieve mid-table?

Year 4 - ...

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You would think Blues will be nailed on for relegation next season. Whatever quality is left in their squad is going to be pillaged, hopefully we can benefit from that. 

Great news 😀👍😂

I'll be honest, i never expected a point at Arsenal. Best point of the season really as meant we stayed up without just the help of Brighton beating Bristol.

Blues could only name 1 sub today. If they stay up again next year it will be a miracle as Leicester coming up are a good team too. I have faith we'll improve the squad again and like the men, be much better for the year of experience. 

Well done ladies 

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Marcus Bignal has now left the club 

it says 'his time as interim manager has come to an end'

i don't recall his appointment ever being announced as an 'interim' one ?

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it says 'his time as interim manager has come to an end'

i don't recall his appointment ever being announced as an 'interim' one ?

Well as far as I remember they didn’t get rid of the previous manager Gemma, and he was just here to help her. Perhaps they think she’s learnt from him 

He was definitely introduced as interim manager, still a little surprising that he's left so soon. Gemma Davies is still involved, in one of the recent games you could see her on the sidelines giving Bignot instructions and he was then relaying them to the players on the pitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

big changes then. i can't say i follow it particularly closely, but wonder how well this will go down within the squad

Â