Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

We've still got a lot more players to get in IMO, the squad is very thin on the quality needed to avoid another relegation battle.

On a different note, I think you can see the disadvantage of opening individual player threads for the women's team today. It took months to get through to people before that they didn't need to come into this thread just to shit on women's football and announce how much they aren't interested in it, but eventually we managed to get that type of post down to a minimum. Now, with an individual player thread, all that rubbish and more is back with a vengeance. My recommendation would be not to do any more.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We've still got a lot more players to get in IMO, the squad is very thin on the quality needed to avoid another relegation battle.

On a different note, I think you can see the disadvantage of opening individual player threads for the women's team today. It took months to get through to people before that they didn't need to come into this thread just to shit on women's football and announce how much they aren't interested in it, but eventually we managed to get that type of post down to a minimum. Now, with an individual player thread, all that rubbish and more is back with a vengeance. My recommendation would be not to do any more.

Actually I was thinking the opposite.  In spite of the rubbish posted in that thread, it got Villa fans talking about the women’s team.  Some of those might be stay interested going forward, even a few of those posting rubbish. 

Also, why shouldn’t there be a separate thread for a Villa player.  just because someone might post nonsense into it?

I think that one thread has increased the profile of Villa women’s team by 1000%.

Basically normalise it rather than hide away, is my thinking.

Bit early to jump to any conclusions here but if we treat the women’s team similar to our other teams throughout the club, then we can breed a real winning mentality.

From top to the very bottom, we seem to be doing everything very professionally and this can only be good.

• Like 1

They are obviously going to completely overhaul the squad with better, more established players than all those released at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Probably a silly question but does the women's team have any impact on ffp, as in are we able to write off costs to help our ffp bottom line.

I believe they're a completely separate organisation so have no effect, but someone with a better understanding of FFP and the intricacies holding companies, etc may correct me!

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Probably a silly question but does the women's team have any impact on ffp, as in are we able to write off costs to help our ffp bottom line.

no it doesn't count in any way towards expenditure limits for FFP.   Basically spend what you like, it will be ignored in the FFP calc.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I believe they're a completely separate organisation so have no effect, but someone with a better understanding of FFP and the intricacies holding companies, etc may correct me!

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

no it doesn't count in any way towards expenditure limits for FFP.   Basically spend what you like, it will be ignored in the FFP calc.

Thanks, does any income count towards our bottom line, like if the women's we really did well and shirt sales went ridiculously well say, can we count it.

47 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They are still free to watch aren't they or are they changing that Inthe upcoming season, last season you could watch the WSL free.

Not sure what would make the Women's football count towards FFP? I should imagine when more money is being made from the women's football then it maybe talked about.

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That'll come as a huge surprise in the Aston Villa Women thread, I'm sure.

It probably will.  People who don't want to know about it keep clicking on it by accident or something.  Just giving fair warning. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

The players we are signing seem to be signings of some of the better players from the teams around us toward the bottom of the table, so I think the hope for next season should be a bit of incremental improvement and hopefully putting a few more teams between ourselves and the drop. It's not going to be a step change in the level of the team IMO (not sure if anyone is expecting that).

Boye-Hlorkah played thirteen times for Everton last season, that's for a team that finished as the 'best of the rest' and with more than double the amount of points that we finished with, signing players like her and Lehman seems like a good strategy to help us improve and start gradually moving up the table. Hopefully Mayling and Allen can with that as well, Allen has apparently only played one season in her career outside the WSL so has good experience and seems Mayling has a lot of experience as well.

Â