Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

They haven't taken the easy route in pre season, played Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal, and Chelea, not sure about the Arsenal result as it was played behind close doors, lost the other three but none of them by more than two goals, so much improved from what you'd expect against that kind of opposition, hopefully that kind of improvement can translate into more wins and draws against the teams further down the table.

• Like 1

I don't know when the womens' deadline passes but I think it's later than the mens'. WSL starts this weekend, so would make sense for their transfer window to close at the end of this month, like the mens' season starts early August and the transfer window closes later that month. We had Ruesha Littlejohn and Gemma Davison on trial for the recent friendlies, so they might be included in the three that we're going to sign, and if so I'd presume that we can sign them when we want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't know when the womens' deadline passes but I think it's later than the mens'. WSL starts this weekend, so would make sense for their transfer window to close at the end of this month, like the mens' season starts early August and the transfer window closes later that month. We had Ruesha Littlejohn and Gemma Davison on trial for the recent friendlies, so they might be included in the three that we're going to sign, and if so I'd presume that we can sign them when we want.

Thanks for the updates in this thread. Really interested to see if we improve this season.

Most articles I’ve read have us for relegation favourites again but I’m hoping we can finish mid table. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Ruesha Littlejohn has now been confirmed as a signing on the official Instagram.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Thanks for the updates in this thread. Really interested to see if we improve this season.

Most articles I’ve read have us for relegation favourites again but I’m hoping we can finish mid table. 

We seem to be signing all of Blues best players and manager so I would imagine they will be pretty much guaranteed for relegation.  I assume they've not got a bean to try and sign any replacements. 

3 hours ago, useless said:

Our U21 team won their first game of the season last night beating Man City 3-0, seems like we've got a really decent team at that level.

Same strategy as the men? Invest in the best young players. 

But then this doesn't work so well if they don't sign long term contracts. 

Another signing this morning -

Aston Villa Women are pleased to announce the signing of Gemma Davison on a short-term contract.

The 34-year-old joins the Club having spent the previous two seasons with Tottenham Hotspur.

The forward has also been capped 16 times by England in a senior career which began in 2005 with Arsenal.

I was looking on the Leicester forum and they seem to think that they're going to finish between fifth and midtable. They've signed a lot of players, including a few from Man Utd, but I can't say I know anything about their signings as an whole, so not sure if they're being naive with their optimism or not. Apparently we've got a few missing for tomorrow because of covid.

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That was a beauty.

More comedy goalkeeping though. 

A real game-changer in women's football would be a tall and powerful keeper. Would be the most valuable player on the pitch 

Â