Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 18/07/2019 at 18:12, Thug said:

I know... the nicest part of Birmingham quite frankly...

But these are HOUSES.

FLATS.. only the Royal Court apartments, and the converted Little Aston Hall are of any real value.. but why would you move to Sutton to live in a flat?

Pretty sure years back O'Leary had a flat in the gated area behind the Bottle of Sack/Cup pubs.

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’d like to take some credit of bringing this news to the masses by notifying Villa Report of the post. 

Does that make me ITK?

So is that legit Douglas' trainer?

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I believe so. Douglas posted on his story working out earlier today and this post has also appeared from the same time. Seems legitimate. 

Interesting, if true wonder why villa aren't announcing?

I think it's all good that Pep saw Villa and moreover Dean Smith as the sort of club that would improve their future star - however we look at it, it's still a glorified loan, but it's one that will fast forward our development and if all goes well, we will be in pole position to sign a similar type of player next season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it's all good that Pep saw Villa and moreover Dean Smith as the sort of club that would improve their future star - however we look at it, it's still a glorified loan, but it's one that will fast forward our development and if all goes well, we will be in pole position to sign a similar type of player next season. 

I'm not sure you know.

For man city to buy him back and get a work permit for him he would have to:

1) be a Brazil international and play in 30% of their games.

OR

2) the fee they purchase him for is pretty darn high to be in the top 25/50% of all transfers prices That season, and also be earning a wage in the top 25% of man city?

(Or something)

Either way he's either going to be a Brazil International or they are going to have to pay a hefty fee to buy him back to qualify via the points system for a WP for man city.

Unless I mis understand the process?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'm not sure you know.

OR

2) the fee they purchase him for is pretty darn high to be in the top 25/50% of all transfers prices That season, and also be earning a wage in the top 25% of man city?

(Or something)

Either way he's either going to be a Brazil International or they are going to have to pay a hefty fee to buy him back to qualify via the points system for a WP for man city.

I have no idea, purely basing it on the fee, who's selling, and Pep's recorded thoughts on the player - I think they can't have him so have found a team who will develop him, who they also think won't be a threat to them - I hope we are a threat to them but it's wishful thinking. Next season might be different...

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'm not sure you know.

OR

(Or something)

The reason city couldn't get a work permit for him like we could was mainly because we can prove he will be needed around Villa not surplus to requirements or left to rot like he was doing at man city.

While ever they have a massive squad  I can't see it happening that they get the lad back.

However for once I must actually really give the Villa chiefs in charge a gold star. A star not just for his capture but if he does work out and by some chance city can get a permit for him and take him back, then they will no doubt be paying double what we have had him off them for, what an amazing bit of business.

The bottom line here is the kid is virtually a shoe-in for World Class. Man City from what I gather are expectant of getting him back in the future however in the mean time we get the CM/DM we've needed in spades. That return to City if it exists wouldn't be for another couple of years and the buy-back wont be necessarily for pennies. Quite the opposite. The other side of the buy back issue(not for me) is that Pep could be gone from City in a couple of years. City move on and the buyback never gets activated. He's fell in love with the Villa and encourages his fellow countrymen to don our colours and Brasilia becomes Bravilla. Sweet!! 

• Like 2

Â