Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The reason city couldn't get a work permit for him like we could was mainly because we can prove he will be needed around Villa not surplus to requirements or left to rot like he was doing at man city.

While ever they have a massive squad  I can't see it happening that they get the lad back.

However for once I must actually really give the Villa chiefs in charge a gold star. A star not just for his capture but if he does work out and by some chance city can get a permit for him and take him back, then they will no doubt be paying double what we have had him off them for, what an amazing bit of business.

No. It's about the high transfer fee and wages relative to our club being worth extra points. Points aren't given for promises of playing time. That's silly

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Kudos to Purslow. This wouldn't have happened without his understanding of modern football contracts and transfers. Can you imagine Wyness trying to work this out?

"Now come and have a balti pie with me lad and we can talk about those keepie upies you Brazilians can do. Steve's a great manager - just make sure you bring your boots and your sleeves and he'll help you fit right into English Football."

Purslow has shown a couple of times now that getting good value isn't just about how you assess player ability, but also about gaming the system.

I trust him to spend the club's money wisely. What I really like is how he combines attention to detail with a willingness to take risks. Doug was a shrewd businessman, but he had a cautious streak that held us back. Now I feel like we're one of the clubs who really know how the system works, and when we spot an opportunity, we take it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Kudos to Purslow. This wouldn't have happened without his understanding of modern football contracts and transfers. Can you imagine Wyness trying to work this out?

"Now come and have a balti pie with me lad and we can talk about those keepie upies you Brazilians can do. Steve's a great manager - just make sure you bring your boots and your sleeves and he'll help you fit right into English Football."

"Premier League?  Nah...  We'll be there or thereabouts next year...  Only the smart ones will understand that..."

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. It's about the high transfer fee and wages relative to our club being worth extra points. Points aren't given for promises of playing time. That's silly

You’re saying the same thing. He’s in the upper echelon of our transfers and wages because he’s good enough to play most of our games. QED. That’s why the rule exists in the form it does.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

You’re saying the same thing. He’s in the upper echelon of our transfers and wages because he’s good enough to play most of our games. QED. That’s why the rule exists in the form it does.

I'm not saying the same thing. I heard the same on a YouTube show where they didn't understand the reason he could get permit for Villa but not City and assumed it was we would guarantee games. This is nonsense. It's the fee being in our historical upper limit and in top % wage earner would mean extra points towards work permit. It's the last 2 factors that are crucial

The quoted bit I highlighted is not a valid reason. QED

"The reason city couldn't get a work permit for him like we could was mainly because we can prove he will be needed around Villa not surplus to requirements or left to rot like he was doing at man city."

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not saying the same thing. I heard the same on a YouTube show where they didn't understand the reason he could get permit for Villa but not City and assumed it was we would guarantee games. This is nonsense. It's the fee being in our historical upper limit and in top % wage earner would mean extra points towards work permit. It's the last 2 factors that are crucial

The quoted bit I highlighted is not a valid reason. QED

"The reason city couldn't get a work permit for him like we could was mainly because we can prove he will be needed around Villa not surplus to requirements or left to rot like he was doing at man city."

This is how I understand it too. 

If we were signing him for £1m on 10 grand a week he wouldn’t get a permit even if we could prove he’d play every minute of the season. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Just want to register here for posterity that Douglas Luiz will go down as one of the all-time best signings ever by any Premier League team.

I’ll get those prophetic words written in gold leaf on the finest parchment, so that Villa fans in the future will be able to stare at them in wonderment once this club has encased them in a sealed case to be kept sacred for all time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

The bottom line here is the kid is virtually a shoe-in for World Class. Man City from what I gather are expectant of getting him back in the future however in the mean time we get the CM/DM we've needed in spades. That return to City if it exists wouldn't be for another couple of years and the buy-back wont be necessarily for pennies. Quite the opposite. The other side of the buy back issue(not for me) is that Pep could be gone from City in a couple of years. City move on and the buyback never gets activated. He's fell in love with the Villa and encourages his fellow countrymen to don our colours and Brasilia becomes Bravilla. Sweet!! 

Damn, I never even considered that. There's actually a very high likelihood of this happening - he's not yet spent more than 4 seasons anywhere. I'm sure I read somewhere that he said you should never stay in one place for too long, or something to that effect.

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

IMG_5325.thumb.JPG.80216338c9c119451025efe0917ef348.JPG

• Like 1

As the new resident ITK I felt the need to ensure I wasn’t becoming another @Delphinho123 😉 

As the profile on Instagram of the personal trainer was private I had to go to new lengths to ensure my sauces were legitimate and not some fake news bs. I can now reveal I am close personal Instagram friends with some Brazilian personal trainer. Just a shame he’s a middle aged male and not my type  

It is with great pleasure I can reveal the post is 100% true with tagging of AVFC and all, and is definitely the PT as Douglas himself tagged the PT in other posts.

Edit - Due to getting grief on Twitter please note, I am not really a resident ITK. This post was firmly tongue in cheek. 

Edited by villan-scott

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

As the new resident ITK I felt the need to ensure I wasn’t becoming another @Delphinho123 😉 

As the profile on Instagram of the personal trainer was private I had to go to new lengths to ensure my sauces were legitimate and not some fake news bs. I can now reveal I am close personal Instagram friends with some Brazilian personal trainer. Just a shame he’s a middle aged male and not my type  

It is with great pleasure I can reveal the post is 100% true with tagging of AVFC and all, and is definitely the PT as Douglas himself tagged the PT in other posts.

formula 1 sport GIF by Ayrton Senna

He looks alright to me mate! 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Â