Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

47 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

As the new resident ITK I felt the need to ensure I wasn’t becoming another @Delphinho123 😉 

As the profile on Instagram of the personal trainer was private I had to go to new lengths to ensure my sauces were legitimate and not some fake news bs. I can now reveal I am close personal Instagram friends with some Brazilian personal trainer. Just a shame he’s a middle aged male and not my type  

It is with great pleasure I can reveal the post is 100% true with tagging of AVFC and all, and is definitely the PT as Douglas himself tagged the PT in other posts.

Did he say anything about a medical? 

Edited by Jimmyg

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Just want to register here for posterity that Douglas Luiz will go down as one of the all-time best signings ever by any Premier League team.

No pressure then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

.....and an Alexa to check who he is!  😂

feck me, I hadn't noticed the Alexa amongst all the shit on his desk. Mainly because I was busy throwing up a little bit each time I saw that picture. Good spot!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

feck me, I hadn't noticed the Alexa amongst all the shit on his desk. Mainly because I was busy throwing up a little bit each time I saw that picture. Good spot!

They used that bloody Alexa's voice in the announcement video too. Maybe you couldn't hear it over the sound of your own vomiting?

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They used that bloody Alexa's voice in the announcement video too. Maybe you couldn't hear it over the sound of your own vomiting?

Well, it was pretty loud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Only this - 

Os médicos são para perdedores e fracos. Eu sou Douglas e não preciso de inspeção médica. Eu sou uma máquina. john mcginn não tem nada em mim.
  Hide contents

Translates to - Medicals are for losers and wimps. i am douglas and do not need medical inspection. i am a machine. john mcginn has nothing on me. 

Ah si! (Ah yes!)

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't know, because they were both fantastic players. They were most definitely not the problem. 

Indeed. And it quickly became apparent that West Ham was being used as a stepping stone. 

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Indeed. And it quickly became apparent that West Ham was being used as a stepping stone. 

It could be argued that most transfers are potential stepping stones (dependant on the ambition of the player and their starting position in life)

• Like 1

Manchester City midfielder Douglas Luiz is also expected to officially complete his £15 million move, as revealed by Telegraph Sport, in the next few days subject to a work permit.

Douglas, the Brazil under 23 captain, met up with Villa in the United States last week and the finishing touches for his move are being put in place.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/20/aston-villa-set-make-egypt-international-trezeguet-ninth-summer/

Just a little bit about Douglas from the John Percy Trezeguet article. Pretty much what we already know but better to have Percy confirm it 

1 hour ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

It could be argued that most transfers are potential stepping stones (dependant on the ambition of the player and their starting position in life)

Exactly, unless you are Barcelona. Never understood the issue some have. The days of most players staying with a Club ended long, long ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Honestly? I’m fine with that. 

The tevez/mascherano deal was a mess for all sorts of reasons. Totally different to this one.

If this guy plays well enough for us to gain a big move for himself then the very least we’ll get is a profit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Purslow doesn't come across as a fool unlike some people we've had at the helm recently. I'd hope we would already scouted players for the future inevery position. I don't know why I feel so confident but I just think that Villa hierarchy are the best we have in place since I started following in the late 90's.

We will buy and sell our way all the way to Champions of Europe 😁

Â