Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

10 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Just purely being selfish from an Aston Villa point of view

Just being equally selfish from purely a Villa point of view, if players get their international careers held back simply because they are at Villa, then we could potentially lose out on international calibre players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Just being equally selfish from purely a Villa point of view, if players get their international careers held back simply because they are at Villa, then we could potentially lose out on international calibre players.

Fair point - I don’t really mind tbh. I do acknowledge if our lads are getting call ups, then we must also be getting the benefits of their form 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is he one yellow away from a suspension?

If so, please avoid it during the game against Wolves, he can get one against West Ham and we'll struggle past Luton without him.

He got 6 all last year. He can definitely avoid them. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does he like fishing? His celebration looks like he's fishing. Is there some relevance? 

I noticed that, I think he’s been devouring the VT transfer speculation threads and just wanted to send us a coded signal after he plaiced the ball in the net. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bizarre Brazil keep ignoring him.

Just looking at their current squad and they've only named 5 CMs and three of them are from the Brazil league and have 9 caps between them. One of them is Raphael Veiga who is 28 so pretty unlikely he's going to get a move to europe anytime soon.

They played him pretty often in second part of 2020 and then he was part of their winning Olympic squad the next summer so don't really get why he's been discarded.

Ancelotti will surely sort that out when he takes over next summer as Luiz is exactly the type of tempo midfielder he loves in his club sides midfields. 

Rewatching the game. Douglas going down like a sack of potatoes and fouling Solly March with his head is too funny. No man as graceful as Douglas could ever fall so clumsily. Absolutely meant it. 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Rewatching the game. Douglas going down like a sack of potatoes and fouling Solly March with his head is too funny. No man as graceful as Douglas could ever fall so clumsily. Absolutely meant it. 😂

Surprised we got a way with that one. 

Â