Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brazil play with a physical midfield now and trying to be more European style than Brazilian so prefer more athletes than ball playing midfielders

They even dropped Paqueta who was a regular but is not in this European mould

Maybe will change if they do hire Ancelotti

Paqueta was dropped because of those betting allegations. He's made most of their squads in recent times including their World Cup squad. And rightly so as he's a very good player. As is Bruno Guimaeres who is probably one of the few in that squad in central midfield better than Dougie (despite some Villa fans saying the opposite) and so is Casemiro although he is getting on a bit.

But when Fred was picked over him for the World Cup (not really physical and a very average player), then players like Danilo at Forest, Gomes at Wolves and Andrey Santos at Chelsea being picked over him in recent months as they're the latest young flavour of the month despite playing rarely for teams who finished bottom half of the league. And now Andre seems to be the latest flavour of the month picked over him. 

We'll see if the appointment of Ancelotti changes anything, but I'm sceptical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That seems like a mental stat… but it’s true as far as I can tell! 😂 

If he plays all this season he’ll be pushing for top 12, close to Dublin and Bosnich numbers! 

Doesn't seem right does it? Blew my mind when I read it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Doesn't seem right does it? Blew my mind when I read it

I guess it’s because I’m older now, but he seems to have been here for about five mins, whereas Bosnich was my entire childhood! 😆 

Will be big questions at end of the season if we can tie him down to new contract. He'll have 2 years remaining  next summer. If he wants to join a top team like back to City or similar we can get a huge fee for him. Surely he's 80-100m region 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Will be big questions at end of the season if we can tie him down to new contract. He'll have 2 years remaining  next summer. If he wants to join a top team like back to City or similar we can get a huge fee for him. Surely he's 80-100m region 

I thought he signed a new contract last December?  How many years was that for?

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

McGinn, Mings, Luiz are club icons and if we win something soon will be legends.

If you include Luiz then I guess Konsa should be included as he played a big part in our survival season (such as Luiz), even last season with our revival. It’s really great that those players matured with us and went to next level with us. McGinn and Mings began the journey with us by promotion as well. 

As mentioned in transfer thread.

If the online wages he are allegedley on, are accurate, he needs a new deal.

He's on like 50 percent of what Kamara is reportedly on, and this no longer reflects his importance to the team.

Aside from this, you obviously want to keep him happy and less likely to go.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As mentioned in transfer thread.

If the online wages he are allegedley on, are accurate, he needs a new deal.

He's on like 50 percent of what Kamara is reportedly on, and this no longer reflects his importance to the team.

Aside from this, you obviously want to keep him happy and less likely to go.

He's not.

The new deal he signed sorted that out.

We could probably do with sorting a new, longer one regardless.

I'd happily be paying him Digne money.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not.

The new deal he signed sorted that out.

We could probably do with sorting a new, longer one regardless.

I'd happily be paying him Digne money.

Is he not on 75k any more?

That's all i can find online, if he's gottten a healthy increase since then, that's good.

I was thinking Digne move would allow him an increase lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â