Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Glad we didn’t buy Bissouma to replace him 😂

Oh God… it would have been devastating to see Luiz go to Arsenal and shine there too…

I always felt if we ever let him go, that we would massively regret it and see him excel elsewhere…

Thankfully, we’ve managed to keep him and employ a world class manager to help get the best out of him.

RESULT! 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Glad we sacked gerrard 

How on earth did this idiot not play him?

I’ve given up trying to work out what Gerrard was doing  😂 even Smith sort of hung out to dry by sticking him central as the sole DM . It’s wonderful to see how he’s excelling under Unai.

• Like 1

Massive talent is Dougie ,super composed and confident with a bag of tricks to go with ,he’s really going to flourish with Unai at the wheel . Hopefully no monster bids come in for him🤞

On 17/07/2023 at 14:15, LondonLax said:

It’s the high defensive line that has helped his game. We used to be so open in transition when losing the ball because Luiz was left as the loan defensive midfielder in acres of space. 

Now that midfield is much more quickly compressed when we don’t have the ball and he is much less exposed, allowing him to close channels and win back possession. 

I think you are spot on.....but I have to say, my opinion of him has changed dramatically, for the better.

We can all have our early opinions of him, mine was not convinced.

However, He is turning in to an Elite Footballer and his international Boss, must be thinking long and hard about him.

Dougie is now, our go to, midfield player, with an encouraging rate of consistency.....Really proud of him.

• Like 1

Tiny bit worried that if Chelsea fail to land Caicedo they’ll come in for Dougie. A lot of money being rejected by Brighton for their star man, I’m not convinced we’d be doing the same if 70m+ was offered for Luiz…  

Edited by Tayls

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Tiny bit worried that if Chelsea fail to land Caicedo they’ll come in for Dougie. A lot of money being rejected by Brighton for their star man, I’m not convinced we’d be doing the same if 70m+ was offered for Luiz…  

So what makes you think Brighton are in a better position, to reject 70 million, than we are? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So what makes you think Brighton are in a better position, to reject 70 million, than we are? 

It’s a lot of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them for peanuts, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

Brighton I feel may well be at a point where they don’t need to accept such offers and can probably hold out for even more. I think we may need to accept offers that are north of 60m for our players from an FFP perspective. We generally spend a lot more than they do on players. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It’s lot a of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

If anyone comes in for Luiz and offers 70m I’m sure Emery and the club would bite their hands off!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It’s lot a of money… Brighton have a habit of selling for multiple millions every season and finding someone just as good to replace them, whereas we don’t.  Selling Dougie could well be the start of doing that, and to be honest, it’s probably something we need to be able to do. We shouldn’t ever struggle because we sold one player, like we did with Grealish…

In my opinion, we shouldn't need to sell our best players. Good teams become better teams by adding good players to the top players they already have. Brighton have the habit of selling their best players, but we are not Brighton. They may well struggle to replace their two best players on a like for like basis, if they let Caicedo go during this window too. Their habit may have worked up until now, but there is no guarantee that it will work every time. Grealish wanted to go and went to win medals and for a few dollars more. Dougie seems content where he is and why would he want to go to Chelsea? They may have the Kings Road to offer, but they haven't got European football? Players want to join us now rather than leave us and that is the habit I want us to keep. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, striker said:

If anyone comes in for Luiz and offers 70m I’m sure Emery and the club would bite their hands off!

I'm not sure they would. Brighton didn't for Caicedo and he isn't as good.

• Like 3

Â