Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

23 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I hope there isnt, he would cost them more than Havertz at the minimum. Tbh i dont see Luiz pushing for a move at all, he seems happy and settled here and is a pivotal part of the team. At Arsenal that isnt guaranteed.

He should cost more than Rice

Read a rumour that there is a release clause of £16m and spuds were about to meet it. And, to make it even more ridiculous, arsenal putting in a bigger bid. And some actually believe it. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pelle said:

Read a rumour that there is a release clause of £16m and spuds were about to meet it. And, to make it even more ridiculous, arsenal putting in a bigger bid. And some actually believe it. 

🤣

Imagine staying with Villa for this length of time, then leaving when we get good.

For this reason I expect him to be with us in September.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Imagine staying with Villa for this length of time, then leaving when we get good.

For this reason I expect him to be with us in September.

Although I thought that about Jack too....

If he had a release clause at 25M or lower there would be more than Arsenal and Spurs linked to him.  Mourinho supposedly wanted him at Roma last year, too, didn't he?

I think it's just Spurs and Arsenal supporters and pundits identifying him as a good Hojbjerg replacement and arrogantly assuming they can just decide to go out and buy him if they want since they're big clubs and we're just Villa.   Not any more.

44 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

If he had a release clause at 25M or lower there would be more than Arsenal and Spurs linked to him.  Mourinho supposedly wanted him at Roma last year, too, didn't he?

I think it's just Spurs and Arsenal supporters and pundits identifying him as a good Hojbjerg replacement and arrogantly assuming they can just decide to go out and buy him if they want since they're big clubs and we're just Villa.   Not any more.

If we trust Unai and Monchi to sell the project to players like Diaby, then surely they can be even more effective with the players we want to keep.

I would be surprised if Luiz isn't massively excited for the start of the season as a key part of our PL and European campaign.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Still so vitally important for us

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Comfortably our best outfield player right now.

Came here to post both of these. He's our best & most important outfield player. His ability to progress the ball in possession is something that was lacking somewhat in the first half. 

Â