Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

We extended his contract when we were in a dark place under Gerrard. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reasonable buyout clause in his contract.  

I mean it’s irrelevant really. We’d sell any of our players if a team offered enough money. So from that perspective, any of them could leave any time - clause or no clause.

• Like 1

Since NSWE came in we're actually not in the habit of selling our best players,̴  the only exception being Grealish,̴ but he was an extreme outlier in the sense that he wasn't just one of our best players but arguably one of the best in the world;̷  all our other players like MartinezCashMingsLuizRamsey,̴  Watkins and probably others get linked with moves away to so called bigger clubs but none of them have left because generally speaking we're not a selling team

Edited by useless

10 hours ago, tinker said:

I don't want him to leave but if we get another midfielder in I think he maybe the one to drop our....Kamara is just a better player and McGinn offers more aggression. He's the most replaceable out of the 2.

But......we have to stop this scenario where we end up selling the beginnings of a good team, he obviously has a lowish release clause. Letting him go into the final year of his contract was where the issue started..........who's to blame? 

Luiz is probably the most important player in the middle of the pitch for us.  He is the player that dictates play for us when we have the ball.  He's been given our Pirlo role and he's excelled at it since Emery arrived.  He's close to being the ideal midfielder for Unaiball.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Have you not heard how happy Dougie is. It is pretty much all he says.

Exactly this 👏 don't see him going anywhere, loves it here, loves the club & fans & we finally have a song for him, why would he want to leave 😍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

So happy that he signed that contract with us.

He was nailed on to be Gundogan's replacement if that City clause was still there..

to be fair i think that clause expired a good while ago. think it was only a 2 year thing. good job he had a slow start for us!

• Like 2

Emi left his shot (from a corner) to give him confidence? Hmm… 🤣

I do believe we have a happy and tight knit group and no one agitating for a move away (moreso, those on the sidelines wanting to be more involved)… must be such a positive, enlightening experience to be coached by Unai and performances & results bringing more faith, belief, trust and unity…

What a great time to be at the club and to follow the club… onwards and upwards!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I do believe we have a happy and tight knit group and no one agitating for a move away (moreso, those on the sidelines wanting to be more involved)… must be such a positive, enlightening experience to be coached by Unai and performances & results bringing more faith, belief, trust and unity…

What a great time to be at the club and to follow the club… onwards and upwards!

Good post .... "Onwards and upwards" should be our positive belief, as well as our motto.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Good post .... "Onwards and upwards" should be our positive belief, as well as our motto.

Well, we do have

Up the Villa

but I try to mix it up 🤣

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Well, we do have

Up the Villa

but I try to mix it up 🤣

Before "Prepared" our badge motto was "Forward".

We could bring that back for some history

Edited by MrBlack

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Emi left his shot (from a corner) to give him confidence? Hmm… 🤣

That’s the atmosphere Emery was talking about when he came here initially about wanting to create a “small family”  a phrase I’ve came across myself in my sporting days it doesn’t quite translate the same into English for some reason but the concept is self explanatory.

• Like 1

Â