Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

So a decision that the on field ref and VAR thought was a red, yet in the cold light of day assuming the rescinding officials who were hopefully looking at the same evidence thought it was not a red.

I wonder how many dodgy VAR's descions viewed again in the cold light of day were clear and obvious? Most of Kane's penalties would have been chalked off....

• Like 1

It was clear from the video that Luiz chest bumped him and Mitrovic had lowered his head, due to the height difference it looks at first glance like Luiz makes contact with his chin. It's just because of the height difference though it looks that way

• Like 1

The penalty at Palace, that penalty last night, the not sending off Chilwell, the sending off last night. On top of us being really poor anyway we always get dog decisions go against us. The league stinks but we’ve stunk it out as much as anyone with our crap football under Gerrard. So many of them underperforming because they dont believe the chop and change culture with 40 deep coaching staff bowlin around the place in reservoir dogs formation. 

Feel like the owners have quickly learned that as soon as you get one managerial appointment wrong, that it can set you back in where you can pick up your next man from. Whoever we get in now its going to be a gamble but the squads there especially when we get injured players back. The likes of Poch should see the challenge and relish it not think they’re above it. 

UTV

12 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It was obvious when watching the movement from both players in the replay... How on Earth VAR deemed it worthy of sending it to the ref can only be corruption. As for the ref watching that and coming to the conclusion he did is yet more evidence. It was so obvious. Luiz only reacted to Mitrovic in the tiniest of movements which it would be impossible to create enough force from to down a player. Plus there was obviously no blood or swelling etc. 

Absolute stonewall corruption as both VAR & the ref cannot possibly both be as stupid as that. It happen week in week out too alway in favour of the media 6 & London clubs (Unless they play each other when it tends to balance out of course). 

It's no surprise that the league table reflects this huge bias either as it makes a massive difference to a clubs points tally over a season (And already is after just 10/11 games evidently.

Michael Oliver is supposed to be one of the best refs and if this had occurred in a City Liverpool game no way would he have had such a short look at that replay which was from a distance. But he’s faced no real backlash, it’s going largely under the radar which is exactly how they can get away with it.

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Dean Saunders who has been in the professional game for about 30 years, or 3 "expert" football manager video gamers?

As Steven Gerrard himself has proven an incredible playing career does not translate into having a good opinion on the game.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Dean Saunders who has been in the professional game for about 30 years, or 3 "expert" football manager video gamers?

Another example is Les Ferdinand. A great player in his day but assuming you watched the game against Fulham you'll know he was spouting absolute shite about Gerrard and Villa. His playing career means **** all if he doesn't bother to watch the games and then forms an opinion based on one half of highlights. I'll take the video gamers thanks.

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

You only have to listen to Dean Saunders for five minutes to see he hasn't got a clue. He's hilariously bad.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Dean Saunders also coached a team by dropping players that lost a penalty shootout to him

18 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Another example is Les Ferdinand. A great player in his day but assuming you watched the game against Fulham you'll know he was spouting absolute shite about Gerrard and Villa. His playing career means **** all if he doesn't bother to watch the games and then forms an opinion based on one half of highlights. I'll take the video gamers thanks.

Les Ferdinand is the Director of Football at QPR and hired Beale. Wouldnt look good saying we hired an idiots assistant

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

What an odd take. 

Did you listen to Les Ferdinand before the game? 

I am bit surprised by the overturn as you never get them but the right decision made but the sending off effectively lost us any chance of getting anything out of the game. The penalty was a farce as well. Probably the worst refereeing performance of the season 

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Saunders is a moron and a proven liar so I’ll probably go for the football manager chaps you mention ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

How the **** can a red card given by the VAR be overturned? That’s literally the point of the VAR, to overturn a bad on field decision. Farcical.

One referee says “you’ve missed a possible red card”, the other says “ok I’ll go watch the video” with the thought that another ref thinks it’s a red card, watches it briefly and sees ‘movement’ which confirms the bias and gives it.

Because it’s Fulham Villa they don’t really care enough to spend minutes watching all the angles and speeds as they’re now aware fans **** hate that. So both refs are trying to find a reason to make a call and fast, the on pitch ref is put in a position where they’re incentivised to rectify their ‘mistake’ as advised and we also have rules of the game being analysed by the interpretation of the wording instead of how it’s supposed to be understood in the spirit of the game (handball).

It’s a convoluted and flawed system to the core, how we do it in the prem.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Les Ferdinand is the Director of Football at QPR and hired Beale. Wouldnt look good saying we hired an idiots assistant

My point is someone's playing career means **** all when their opinion is shit.

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Michael Oliver is supposed to be one of the best refs and if this had occurred in a City Liverpool game no way would he have had such a short look at that replay which was from a distance. But he’s faced no real backlash, it’s going largely under the radar which is exactly how they can get away with it.

Yep exactly, this is how they constantly get away with it week in, week out & this is also the reason I will always mention & comment on these disgraceful & corrupt decisions as they are ruining the game for me & I am sure a lot of people, even though a lot of people are still apparently oblivious to it all. The only way it will stop is if there is enough noise about it. Just accepting it & saying the age old lines such as "it all evens out over the season" & "It was a poor decision" is basically facilitating the constant corruption & bias. We always suffer it against the media 6 & London clubs. Remember Palace away? The Grealish "dive" which they disallowed our goal for?  Or lets go to the Digne "Impossible to avoid handball" at the same ground this season. Ditto the one against Fulham on Thursday, added to the non penalty for us and the now proven wrong sending off for Luiz in just one game! Just think about that for a second... Three key game changing decisions in one game all in favour of the London club, Oh & no retrospective action for Mitrovic either I see surprise, surprise. I seem to remember a non sending off for a Fulham player in that play off final we lost 1-0 too... in fact was it not the very same player who scored their goal?

Then there was the non sending off of the Chelsea player the other week when their Left back went in studs up, straight legged & off the ground from behind into Ramsey's ankle to prevent our very dangerous looking counter attack developing. Or shall we discuss the disallowed Coutinho goal against city for "offside" which would have likely won us the game. It's absolutely rife and happens almost every single time we play the media 6 and very regularly at the other London clubs too. I could half accept the lame  "It's Just poor officiating" drivel if those decisions were spread evenly around all clubs but they are nearly always in favour of those aforementioned clubs! That simply does not & cannot make sense. It's not just us either, I am not that shallow! It is all of the other clubs and to see the impact it has just take a look at the current table! It makes a huge difference to points over the course of a season both for those clubs & against the others, us included. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Â