Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I don't really think it matters what the specific ability ranking is between Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey when it seems quite clear that the latter two make for a totally unbalanced midfield and shouldn't play together anyway. Luiz actually gives us a balance that we've been horribly lacking and it's why he should be playing ahead of one or both of them. The fact he actually played along with Kamara in a normal midfield position at the weekend rather than as some kind of bizarre pseudo full back was all the convincing I need.

Agree with this. Kamara a step in the right direction, hopefully adding Dendonker will allow us to play more effectively the attacking talent that we have.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I do think the stories about Luiz pushing for the move do cast Gerrard's midfield picks in a more sympathetic light.

Suspect DL would have featured in more starting lineups if Gerrard felt confident he would be with us for the season.

I'm not sure. Gerrard said himself how much he wanted DL to stay etc. Well if that was truly the case actually playing him may have convinced him to stay or want to. Quite ironic that after he scored his body language was more like a FU. 

I've no sympathy at all for Gerrard, Purslow or anyone else in the firing line for the nonsense the last few weeks. They all need to be held accountable for the shitshow we've been witnessing on and off the pitch

• Like 1

I missed the game last night, but had a good chuckle when I saw that he'd scored from a corner again, absolute mad lad.

Football is supposed to be fun, and Luiz plays like he's having fun. We can't sell him he's the only entertaining thing we have right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm not sure. Gerrard said himself how much he wanted DL to stay etc. Well if that was truly the case actually playing him may have convinced him to stay or want to. Quite ironic that after he scored his body language was more like a FU. 

I've no sympathy at all for Gerrard, Purslow or anyone else in the firing line for the nonsense the last few weeks. They all need to be held accountable for the shitshow we've been witnessing on and off the pitch

I want Gerrard out, don't get me wrong, but I do wonder if there are more problems behind the scene than just Gerrard. Things have been a bit of a mess since Summer 2021.

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

I want Gerrard out, don't get me wrong, but I do wonder if there are more problems behind the scene than just Gerrard. Things have been a bit of a mess since Summer 2021.

I don't think any of that's on Luiz though if there is background nonsense. From what I gather he's been a model professional since he arrived. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I don't think any of that's on Luiz though if there is background nonsense. From what I gather he's been a model professional since he arrived. 

Wasn't suggesting that at all. Club have failed to lock him down. I'm just not convinced that's Gerrard's failure. He got plenty of game time last season. It's only this season where he's mysteriously disappeared from the side.

Well, loads on here thought he was crap, couldn’t pass or score and offered little to us last season.

Now under the Gerrard debacle of not playing or only playing a bit part and with Arsenal sniffing he’s the best thing since sliced bread!!!

I think he flatters to deceive. He looks silky in parts but then doesn’t deliver. He hardly ever takes a shot. 

Two goals from two corners….we’ll we can’t rely on that can we.

every player has a price and anything above 30mil in the last year of his contract….snap there hands off. 

• Like 1

Telegraph now reporting that he had a agreed to sign a deal with us but has since changed his mind, could be because he hasn't been starting games, or could be that he changed his mind after finding out about Arsenal's interest and would have wanted to leave us for them regardless of how much game time we were giving him. But wouldn't surprise me if the club are rejecting bids knowing that a new manager might want to use him and therefore he could potentially be happy to sign a new deal again.

• Sad 1

Make no mistake Dougie is infuriatingly inconsistent from game to game . But thats with him only playing consistently in a position that he isnt great in. His technical ability is so far higher than mcginn and jj is untrue. So why when this player has a huge ceiling wasnt he looked after and played as he should have been . In order to 1, convince him to sign and 2 , let him show his ability as an 8. 

The answer as we all know is that McGin  was made captain. 

It has been the worst decision ever made in August by Villa since Harewood was signed 

Â