Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Largely boring stuff on Luiz.

Most interesting thing is that it almost suggests Carney wasn't training properly? Or something? I dunno.

I think the basic fact is that Doug is useful to us immediately right now, Carney never was.

Always thought we'd sell at least one. Never in my wildest dreams did I see us getting £20m for Carney.

Be great if Doug stayed but I think he's destined to go and pad out Milan's squad or something like that.

He won't get more money from them than us, so I do think this is largely a football/lifestyle decision from him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why was that embargoed? hardly something riveting

All the print journalism stuff is "embargoed" after press conferences to sort of allow them to exist still. Barely enforced rules though. If Gerrard had said Coutinho was injured in the newspaper section but not the TV/radio media section they all would have tweeted it well before 10.30pm.

Cheeky from Preece to say a nothing comment is embargoed. They all are you little scamp.

• Like 1

If I were Luiz's representation I'd wait to see if the club signed another midfielder before signing a new contract. I'd also see how much game time I was getting and sign a new deal some time in September if I was getting on pitch every week and starting most games at 8 and a few at 6. 

I assume "relaxed" about it is, lets just wait and see how the window goes and we'll sit down properly in September. A big club like Milan may come in near deadline day and it all happens quickly with Luiz going and us getting in our replacement. If nobody comes for him he might be happy to sign a 3 year extension and get on with things at Villa. In two years time if bids came in for him we'd likely cash in then. He's only 24 after all and he'll get to shine at 8 now this season in a quality squad. 

We've Tim and Aaron Ramsey coming though in midfield so in 2 years hopefully midfield is more stocked and we could replace Sanson in that time too and competition hots up

If he hasn't got offers from abroad yet, that he knows he can start to firm up in January, he might think a new contract at Villa is a better choice.

If he wants to make the Brazil squad he probably needs to be starting for the next 4 months. And if he wants to avoid the risk of getting a serious injury, and potentially earning nothing for a couple of years, then a new contract that sees him getting more game time might seem very appealing.

I think it's a bit of a catch 22 if he wants to see how his game time goes this season. I think we've got enough alternatives to play in the 8 role that his playing time will be reduced if he's not signing.

Hopefully the world cup year plays into our hands on this one. 

I think we’re all ignoring the big factor, which is Dougie’s girl. If she wants to live in Milan, Madrid or anywhere else then that could be the deciding factor. You can think of all the logical football or financial reasons you like but logic generally flies out of the window once the heart, or any other organ, gets involved with a decision. 

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we’re all ignoring the big factor, which is Dougie’s girl. If she wants to live in Milan, Madrid or anywhere else then that could be the deciding factor. You can think of all the logical football or financial reasons you like but logic generally flies out of the window once the heart, or any other organ, gets involved with a decision. 

Probably the other way round. If Luiz does move to another club then perhaps they have a spot for her in their women section or a club close by.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why was that embargoed? hardly something riveting

Embargoed press conference tidbits are completely unrelated to how interesting they may or may not be. It’s to allow print media get a “scoop” or two. 

Edited by sparrow1988

Sure he's cultured. Sure he's silky. Sure he can pass. Play at his own tempo. Has a wide range of passing. He's no 6 but surely at number 8 he can really be a rolls Royce of a player.

No banter. And doesn't wear chicken suits. And doesn't two foot people every now and again. 

Next!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sure he's cultured. Sure he's silky. Sure he can pass. Play at his own tempo. Has a wide range of passing. He's no 6 but surely at number 8 he can really be a rolls Royce of a player.

No banter. And doesn't wear chicken suits. And doesn't two foot people every now and again. 

Next!

Doesn't break his own leg and ruin all his ability because he **** dived and got pissed at the ref. 

Â