Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Arsenal fans seem convinced it's them. Would be horrible business by us. We can never hope to catch them if we're selling them our best players (for no real reason too?).

You say that Keyblade, but he’s not one of our best players. We’re trying to sign a top DM to replace Luiz in the side. There is no way Gerrard will play him as an 8 ahead of McGinn and Ramsey. 

If Arsenal want to spend £35m on Luiz then we need to go and spend that wisely and it’s us who will benefit. Luiz really isn’t that great. A good, decent player is all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niall said:

I agree. Why sell an established first teamer to our rivals? Arsenal are where we want to be and selling them one of our better players isn't going to help us catch them. We don't even need to sell. Makes no sense whatsoever.

We do need to sell if he won't sign a new contract, he only has 17 months left , we will know within a few days of he's going,  a contract extension is being negotiated now. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You say that Keyblade, but he’s not one of our best players. We’re trying to sign a top DM to replace Luiz in the side. There is no way Gerrard will play him as an 8 ahead of McGinn and Ramsey. 

If Arsenal want to spend £35m on Luiz then we need to go and spend that wisely and it’s us who will benefit. Luiz really isn’t that great. A good, decent player is all. 

I think he'd be better than both if played as an 8 tbh. He's a better passer than both, and reads the game better. Those qualities meant we play him as a 6, but he's still a first choice midfielder. His absence is felt whenever he's missing. He's one of our better players at least. Makes no sense to sell him to Arsenal. It's not like he's Trezeguet or El Ghazi.

• Like 3

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Isn't he dating Lehmann. I know if I was, I wouldn't wanna go to far away from her, I doubt he will either. I'd be shocked if he goes.

London isn’t far,  I’m not against getting a good fee for Luiz but selling to Arsenal is the bit that Im uncomfortable with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He scored those three goals while playing as an 8.

Ah, good point. What I meant was that since that season I've thought that 3 goals in a season is OK for a DM, I'd forgotten that he was playing sometimes in an attacking role in the 1st season! :s 🙄 You've reminded me.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

Just now, robby b said:

Ah, good point. What I meant was that since that season I've thought that 3 goals I'm a season is OK for a DM, I'd forgotten that he was playing sometimes in an attacking role in the 1st season! :s 🙄 You've reminded me.

Personally I wouldn't worry about a DM scoring goals at all.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You'd think Arsenal would be in for Bissouma if they're willing to spend this type of cash on Luiz. 

I dont think Bissouma is as sought after ss he believes he is. 

Luiz on the other hand is an upgrade on Xhaka

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hmmm, long term yes. Right now it's 50/50. Xhaka is IMO very underrated, his passing is very clever. Just the idiotic moments that let him down.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not sure he is. Xhaka is actually a very good player, he just keeps getting sent off and most of the fans hate him for that big bust up he had a couple of years back. 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Hmmm, long term yes. Right now it's 50/50. Xhaka is IMO very underrated, his passing is very clever. Just the idiotic moments that let him down.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure he is. Xhaka is actually a very good player, he just keeps getting sent off and most of the fans hate him for that big bust up he had a couple of years back. 

Xhaka could be a good player but he is a huge liability and isnt Vieira or Keane that he can get away with his absences

Â