Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

He’s a much better player than el Ghazi but he lacks fitness. I remember seeing him when he signed, he looked a little chubby (still in way better shape than me), and it baffled me a little. It’s clearly an issue and I’m sure it’s something the backroom staff are working on.

I don’t share the love for el Ghazi that some have on here. He has one decent game in 6/7 and if we had a better winger who could last 90 mins, we’d have a much better side. 

We went into the season needing another striker and another winger and it’s exactly what we’ll be looking at in January I imagine. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We really aren't balanced atm.

We've conceded 41 shots in the past 2 games

Yet Heaton has barely had a save to make. 

Edit. Also I'm sure we won't be so gung ho in the next two games. 

Edited by praisedmambo

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We really aren't balanced atm.

We've conceded 41 shots in the past 2 games

You're chatting rubbish lad! 

We won last 2 games so who cares how many shots the opposition had.

We are very balanced this last few games.

Edited by Villan4Life

I must have watched a different player because Trez looked so underwhelming against Brighton. I'd sum up his match as a whole lotta nothing. 

Honestly what does this guy give us? He runs hard so that makes him a player? No... Trez doesn't cross, doesn't finish, doesn't create chances. He just runs up and down the flank and nothing comes of it. 

I remember he was 1 on 1 with that brighton defender on a yellow and I was yelling take him on, but Trez decided to pass it back to Grealish or Targett. 

• Like 2

On 20/10/2019 at 06:05, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a much better player than el Ghazi but he lacks fitness. I remember seeing him when he signed, he looked a little chubby (still in way better shape than me), and it baffled me a little. It’s clearly an issue and I’m sure it’s something the backroom staff are working on.

I don’t share the love for el Ghazi that some have on here. He has one decent game in 6/7 and if we had a better winger who could last 90 mins, we’d have a much better side. 

We went into the season needing another striker and another winger and it’s exactly what we’ll be looking at in January I imagine. 

Commentator remarked that he looked more trim than when he first joined and lost some of the baby fat it looked like he was carrying and I agree. It's so weird seeing the coaching staff at Villa working on players and making them noticeably better and fitter but you love to see it.

I like him. I will always have extra time for players that work hard, and he definately does. 

Composure and fitness will come with time, but as far as ceiling goes ( a word I see mentioned here all the time), I'd say it's miles above El Ghazis. 

We've conceded a fair bit, but I don't think it's anything to do with balance atm. We've looked better with Marvelous IMO, and we would always concede more than we wanted to in the start of the season. We're still in that bedding in period, so we will keep conceding for a while, but fortunately we are scoring a fair amount of goals. I am just happy we are on track in terms of our goal this season which should be survival. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I must have watched a different player because Trez looked so underwhelming against Brighton. I'd sum up his match as a whole lotta nothing. 

Honestly what does this guy give us? He runs hard so that makes him a player? No... Trez doesn't cross, doesn't finish, doesn't create chances. He just runs up and down the flank and nothing comes of it. 

I remember he was 1 on 1 with that brighton defender on a yellow and I was yelling take him on, but Trez decided to pass it back to Grealish or Targett. 

This may be a bit harsh, but I have to agree. When he came on Saturday, all play was on the left so I got a good look of him. And my conclusion was exactly whar Czechlad said, a lot of trying and running, but nothing comes of it. He looks like he will never score a goal in this league. It's not lack of trying, and I hate to be so negative, but something's missing. Something big. We'll see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I've not read the last few pages so can't comment on exactly what you're referring to, but from my point of view, I'm not saying I'm sold on the kid, just saying that with the frustratingly inconsistent El Ghazi for competition I think he should maybe be given a run of a couple of games.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Composure and fitness will come with time, but as far as ceiling goes ( a word I see mentioned here all the time), I'd say it's miles above El Ghazis. 

I don't know, I think El Ghazi might have more technical potential, but is a bit of a self-centred cretin, very head down in his playing style, probably a difficult player to coach. Whereas Trez is a heads up player, and a proper unselfish team man who you can see is really popular with his teammates, and will probably grow in this kind of environment.

But the big issue with Trez is his shooting and crossing are poor (from what I've seen so far), whereas El Ghazi is usually pretty good at taking chances.

It's very similar to the problem we have with Douglas and Hourihane actually - one player better in general play, and the other better in the final third.

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Trez reminds me very much of Brett Holman who also offered very little football wise but tried hard too.

Yes! Trez so far seems like a flashier version of Holman. I hope he can get the hang of the league, but at the moment, I am not seeing much from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Yes! Trez so far seems like a flashier version of Holman. I hope he can get the hang of the league, but at the moment, I am not seeing much from him. 

He definitely has more potential than Holman but Holman (thin he was 28) was older then Trez when signed for us. i'm feeling the same as you about him.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit harsh to compare him to Holman in my opinion. He has much more about him. 

He definitely does have much more potential, but at the moment, Trez is just a hard working winger. El Ghazi struggled when he first joined us, but he later found his groove. I am hoping Trez will do the same. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

This may be a bit harsh, but I have to agree. When he came on Saturday, all play was on the left so I got a good look of him. And my conclusion was exactly whar Czechlad said, a lot of trying and running, but nothing comes of it. He looks like he will never score a goal in this league. It's not lack of trying, and I hate to be so negative, but something's missing. Something big. We'll see.

Possibly game time? Everyone else except Luiz is now getting a decent run out while he is being brought on at difficult times. Maybe more game time with his new team mates and a bit more confidence will help? Look good when he arrived, I am sure he will come on, the scouts seemed to have got most things right so far. I think everyone will start looking better with a decent run of games behind us when they know each other and have a few results under their belt.

Trez and El Ghazi are both £10 million players. Nothing more, nothing less. Grealish and McGinn are £50 million players (roughly, probably). And you can see that difference in value demonstrated pretty much every minute of each game.

I hope one or both of them develop and come good, and have consistently good games. But it is what it is at the moment. 

7 hours ago, turvontour said:

Trez and El Ghazi are both £10 million players. Nothing more, nothing less. Grealish and McGinn are £50 million players (roughly, probably). And you can see that difference in value demonstrated pretty much every minute of each game.

I hope one or both of them develop and come good, and have consistently good games. But it is what it is at the moment. 

McGinn was a £2 million not long ago so I have some faith Trez will come good at some point.

He's played in poor leagues and it may take a season to step up to the PL not everyone does it quickly. He works so hard and has real pace, just unable to finish right now and needs to get fitter.

On 20/10/2019 at 23:05, Delphinho123 said:

We've scored 15 goals. El Ghazi has 2G 3A. That's 33% goal involvement =1st with Grealish and Wesley. McGinn is 4GI. Trez has 1 assist. It's absurd people are saying Trez needs a run and El Ghazi should be benched. Trez came from an average league and looks out of his depth in PL imo

I think he will become a good player for us. He's not the finished article and came here from a much easier league/country to play in. He's got loads of time on his side and I think that he will be fine. 

Wasn't it Trez who played the ball out wide to Jack in the build up to the winning goal on Saturday? 

He’s going to be one hell of a player for us

What he’s lacking is belief at the moment, a bit of confidence. Once that comes and they play him on the right wing you’ll see the real Trez

Imo of course...time will tell

Â