Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wesley has no potential despite having scored almost 1 in 2 and an absolutely terrific performance against Everton but Trezeguet has loads despite not doing anything thus far. Some warped logic on this forum at times.

I don't care if he scores a tap every 3 games. His general play is poor, but let's not take that discussion here.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wesley has no potential despite having scored almost 1 in 2 and an absolutely terrific performance against Everton but Trezeguet has loads despite not doing anything thus far. Some warped logic on this forum at times.

You don't have to repeat the goals he's scored in every thread, we all know them. The point is that he's been utter shit for the majority of the matches this season, i.e. 8/10. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

So you wouldn't care if he continued that rate over the season and scored 13 league goals? Brainless.

No because i think Keinan will benefit the team more and by playing with his strengths we would gain more points.

• Confused 2

I don't know, it seems whoever is the sub out of Trez and Ghazi looks like they have a point to prove, when they both start however it's like they do not have it in them and that's the reality of it all.

Quality RW option in Jan please even if it's so Ghazi and Trez can learn more because I feel that's what they need in order to improve there game and get to the next level.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't know, it seems whoever is the sub out of Trez and Ghazi looks like they have a point to prove, when they both start however it's like they do not have it in them and that's the reality of it all.

Quality RW option in Jan please even if it's so Ghazi and Trez can learn more because I feel that's what they need in order to improve there game and get to the next level.

I'd be tempted to take Snoddy back but looking at his age, he really doesn't fit the player profile we're going for.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be tempted to take Snoddy back but looking at his age, he really doesn't fit the player profile we're going for.

Gelson Martins from Monaco would be my option, like lightning that lad is. I've been more than sold on the lad and there some vid below, that's what we need on our wing.

You say that about Snoddy but I'd gladly bring in Kensuke Nagai who is 30 from Tokyo fc and have Wesley learn from him, think it's what we need some experience for our young ones to learn from.

Edited by Dave-R

53 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I Wouldn’t get in a discussion with Villalad21  mate. He seems to think he is always right and everyone else is wrong on here .. he really.hasn’t got a clue at all when it comes to talent Identification.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Because he hasn't done anything and you have nothing to say I suspect

No because it's pointless.  What do you want? A detailed transcript of his performance match by match? Yeah like I will waste time on that. If you are unable to see his performances for what they are that's your problem. Try specsavers. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I Wouldn’t get in a discussion with Villalad21  mate. He seems to think he is always right and everyone else is wrong on here .. he really.hasn’t got a clue at all when it comes to talent Identification.

Not at all.

Although i don't rate Wesley i respect your opinion.

On 28/10/2019 at 08:10, villalad21 said:

Not at all.

Although i don't rate Wesley i respect your opinion.

He's just behind the top 10 in the whole league for goals scored. He's contributed to 33% of our total goals 15 and that's =6th with Arsenal. What the hell has Davis or Trez done for goal involvement and don't give me some rubbish about potential

• Like 2

On 27/10/2019 at 18:14, Dr_Pangloss said:

You would seriously say such sillyness about Wesley after just 10 games. Sorry but for a player who has moved from a league that isn't anywhere near the standard of the premier, to of come in and scored four goals and who is learning the trade of English football, isn't doing all that bad in my opinion.

I don't like this Criticising players after just a quarter of the season, some players do not reach there potential change in there first season. Wes is playing at the very highest level in football, learning is not easy and it's like asking an American football to instantly become the very best at rugby, it just doesn't happen like that.

There are many thing Wesley can do to help is game but writing off Wes before hes had a full season, isnt fair. Wes has potential or he would of been a dud from the get go, he has scored four goals so he is capable but he does need to toughen up more and bully defenders with his size.

As for Trezegeut, he and Wes are both entirely different players, so comparing them both is unnecessary and can't be done. Trez is fast I'll give you that but even he has his flaws like Wes does and both could do alot to improve there game. Trez needs to be more skillfull on the ball and chase his man back more, and our lads need to take advantage of his speed and he should be running down the line earlier.

All in all for many of our players, there is an awful lot to take into account before casting judgement. It's no where as easy in this case, to just say certain players do not have any potential when clearly there are alot of different reasons to think about that clearly state otherwise, such as new squad, players thrown in the deep end, complete new level of the game to tackle and most likely more.

We need to give these players time just like we had to change the way we see our Managers and Coaches last season. Patience is what rewards us and it will because getting shut of players and bringing new ones in again so soon, will just throw the whole team of just that little bit more. Now reinforcing what we have is another question and i dont see nothing wrong with that in the slightest, not only that but competition will become more challenging which in turn should make our players better.

None of us can really say anything about our squad players, yes we watch them play, but we do not see the very things that Smith and everyone else does, they know them inside and out.

Anyway that's enough from me sorry for the long read, we all need to be less harsh on our boys, we should be supporting them not pulling them apart.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Trez gets enough credit for the defensive work and the shift that he puts in and for his tactical awearness. He hasn't really found the end product yet, but I'm sure it will come. He has showed some sublime quality with crosses and passes, not yet consistent, but just a matter of time imo.

It's a big step up from the Turkish league and he has only had 6 starts so far. He is already great value for what we paid and will only get better and better. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Anyway that's enough from me sorry for the long read, we all need to be less harsh on our boys, we should be supporting them not pulling them apart.

Fully agree and want to encourage this, especially when it comes to players who are new to the country and the league, and when they care and try their best.

It's also a matter of trusting the club and the coaching staff.

• Like 1

Whoever is writing Wes off after such a short space of time... well its just a dumb notion. If these comments came after 6 months of him doing sweet fa then fair enough but let's hold fire and get behind him. Be fair. 

On 27/10/2019 at 17:34, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is actually a discussion I can't be arsed to have. It's clear to anyone that's watched our matches that what you are saying is incorrect. But if that's what you really think, lets just disagree. 

I'm not sure it is all that clear, and I've watched most of our games.

My perspective is Trez looked very good in pre-season, and has shown a lot of tenacity and positional discipline in the Premier League this season. But I've yet to see a great deal in terms of end product - an incisive pass, beating a man in a dangerous area, or testing the keeper with a shot. El Ghazi, for all his faults has done that a fair bit.

I still think he's a decent option for the starting XI in games where we are going to be on the back foot (e.g. Man City away), but I'm struggling to see how people think he has contributed anything yet with the ball. Has he been involved in setting up a single decent chance? Or even a decent long pass? All the good stuff I've seen from him has been slide tackles and lung busting runs, which is great, but it won't guarantee him a starting place.

Contrary to others, I do see some potential there. He seems to have a good personality and a good attitude, and he may grow under this coaching setup.

Definitely one to persist with, but jury still out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, birdman said:

Whoever is writing Wes off after such a short space of time... well its just a dumb notion. If these comments came after 6 months of him doing sweet fa then fair enough but let's hold fire and get behind him. Be fair. 

I don’t think anyone is writing him off but I do think a few would like to see Davis given some more minutes based on how he has looked whenever he has come on. 

I know I would. 

Trez actually covered the most ground on the pitch on Saturday. I think he has been ok but below the standard of a player you’d expect considering the money we spent.

You can definitely see the ability is there though and I think he will get better the more he settles.  Might even be next season before we see the best of him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â