Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

This. Doesn't deserve criticism today IMO.

I think he does. 

I like him. I think he has more potential than El Ghazi and his work rate is something I value, but he was poor today. 

He tried, but seemed kinda off. Just not his match. He definately tries though, which is more than you can say for certain others. 

He is very raw, but not even remotely close to being a poor summer signing. In fact I am willing to bet he would be a better option up front than Wesley. 

6 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Trez was dreadful today, really don't understand why people think he is better than El Ghazi, he is like Traore Mk2.

i am sure he will play better than he did today, but i don't think he should be starting.

You do realise that Traore is actually doing OK right?

El Ghazi all day over this guy.

While El Ghazi looks like he has a good or a bad day and has plenty of skill, Trez looks like he would feel at home while playing for Ipswich or Hull. He simply isn't good enough, and if someone disagrees I will be happy to be proven otherwise.

I thought he lasted much longer yesterday.

His fitness levels must have improved.

I agree he lacked end product yesterday but he's great at dribbling past players.

Big potential in him. We just need to stay patient with him. I really like him.

• Like 1

I don't see the potential to be honest, as always, it's neat and tidy stuff in the 2/3rd, good energy and running and tracking back but nothing in the final 1/3rd. The 'big potential' hings on whether he can learn how to cross, play a good through ball and finish chances, that's a lot of things to improve and it's unlikely he will get there.

Ultimately I think he's best positioned as a squad player who can do a specific type of 'job', perhaps in games where we're going to have to defend more. Then his pace can also be useful off the bench in the last 20 minutes of a game.

So far El Ghazi has shown to be far superior in that position, showing substantially more end product and constantly gets into dangerous positions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't see the potential to be honest, as always, it's neat and tidy stuff in the 2/3rd, good energy and running and tracking back but nothing in the final 1/3rd. The 'big potential' hings on whether he can learn how to cross, play a good through ball and finish chances, that's a lot of things to improve and it's unlikely he will get there.

Ultimately I think he's best positioned as a squad player who can do a specific type of 'job', perhaps in games where we're going to have to defend more. Then his pace can also be useful off the bench in the last 20 minutes of a game.

So far El Ghazi has shown to be far superior in that position, showing substantially more end product and constantly gets into dangerous positions.

El Ghazi really only turns up 2/10 games.

El Ghazi literally defines the word inconsistent.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi really only turns up 2/10 games.

El Ghazi literally defines the word inconsistent.

Yet has a more than respectable amount of goals + assists and seems to get into good positions in the box almost every game. It's a rarity for Trezeguet to put even a half decent ball into the box.

Don't think Trez or Anwar is quite good enough but they are both OK.

Getting that extra bit of quality in at that position would mean a lot.

It would also probably cost a lot, but I think it would be worth it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yet has a more than respectable amount of goals + assists and seems to get into good positions in the box almost every game. It's a rarity for Trezeguet to put even a half decent ball into the box.

Also have started more games.

Trez started 4 games. El Ghazi has started 7 games.

El Ghazi also got the advantage of a full Championship season under his belt.

I think you're being massively unfair towards Trez.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think you're being massively unfair towards Trez.

Why is @Dr_Pangloss exactly ?

why is it you always have a go at other people’s suggestion @villalad21, every week I come on here for browse and you’re knocking another posters opinion.

You’re getting very boring lad you honestly haven’t got a clue about football. You post baffling stuff.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I thought he lasted much longer yesterday.

His fitness levels must have improved.

I agree he lacked end product yesterday but he's great at dribbling past players.

Big potential in him. We just need to stay patient with him. I really like him.

This is exactly what I think too

25 minutes ago, KHV said:

Please explain what he has done? Adama Traore mkII so far 

This is actually a discussion I can't be arsed to have. It's clear to anyone that's watched our matches that what you are saying is incorrect. But if that's what you really think, lets just disagree. 

Wesley has no potential despite having scored almost 1 in 2 and an absolutely terrific performance against Everton but Trezeguet has loads despite not doing anything thus far. Some warped logic on this forum at times.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â