Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

This is not an indication of who he's signed but who has signed for the club whilst he was manager. However, obviously the transfer committee at each club you would suspect would be looking to bring in players that better suit the style of play Emery wants.

You can make your own mind up about the type of defenders these players are but I would say that Konsa would fit into this lineup of names:

Adil Rami (twice)

Victor Ruiz

Daniel Carrico

Federico Fazio

William Saliba

David Luiz

Sokratis

Jorge Cuenca

One thing that has struck me is how few central defensive transfers he's made throughout his career. 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been talked about previously but as I’ve only just seen them on the new training pics I just wondered what the story was with regards to the scars on Konsa’s right shoulder/upper arm as they don’t look like surgery scars to me. 

12 hours ago, burchy said:

Apologies if this has been talked about previously but as I’ve only just seen them on the new training pics I just wondered what the story was with regards to the scars on Konsa’s right shoulder/upper arm as they don’t look like surgery scars to me. 

You wanna know how he got his scars?

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You wanna know how he got his scars?

It was just I’d never seen or heard anything about him having such scars before so asked the question. If it’s not common knowledge then that’s cool. 

• 3 weeks later...

Konsa looks like he’s lost a step or two in pace, I can’t remember him being this slow. I know Nunez is pretty quick but it’s embarrassing to be outpaced by someone after you’ve had a head start. He didn’t look like he was engaged at points in the game either. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

No way we’re getting Torres. Although it would be nice. Mings still has value for us but there are CBs out there better suited for Emerys system.

Yeah don't think we are either but I still want Mings replaced along with Konsa.

He had a superb season when no crowds were let in...but even then he would be done by a ball over the top of his shoulder for a striker in behind. Still gets done by that too easily now. 

Similarly to Watkins, he's probably ok for where we are, but will need to improve for us to go any further. That or be replaced.

I thought he was poor, in fact, I honestly wonder what has happened to this player over the last couple of years.  He seemed destined to get in to the international set up not so long ago but his positioning has got worse and he looks less than confident at the moment. 

Â