Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 14/08/2022 at 15:26, KangarooVillan said:

Still the best 1v1 defender at the club.

Just doesn’t have the game awareness/nous at the moment - gets caught out defensively in terms of positioning and can’t seem to go forward or launch anything. Just seems to be playing too far within his head like he’s thinking too much about playing rather than just playing.

your second line seems to challenge, your first line.

Just now, TRO said:

your second line seems to challenge, your first line.

If a striker is running at Ezri 1v1 I still think he’s the best defender.

When it comes to positioning as part of a team defence his game awareness and by extension positioning gets him caught out a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

If a striker is running at Ezri 1v1 I still think he’s the best defender.

When it comes to positioning as part of a team defence his game awareness and by extension positioning gets him caught out a lot.

so he's limited, then?

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

so he's limited, then?

As I said in my OP, it seems like he’s playing too far in his head and not playing on instincts - we’ve seen him be very good at this 2 seasons ago - might just be desperately out of form, might be a managerial issue in terms of clarity or maybe his year 2 seasons ago was the exception as opposed to the norm.

Ultimately if he doesn’t fix this he’s limited, yes.

• Thanks 1

My opinion on Ezri's time with us is:

A couple of seasons ago he looked like a player who was playing confidently and hoping for the best.

Last season he began looking like he hoped for the best but feared the worst. By the middle of last season any optimism had gone and he feared the worst every time the ball came near him, then he got a bad injury..

He's back fit but he doesn't look ready to go in match play at all, which is disappointing as he's evidently often good in training. I don't see a future for him here at Villa, but I wish him well as he seems a decent guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

we’ve seen him be very good at this 2 seasons ago - might just be desperately out of form, might be a managerial issue ...

This:

Two years ago our back line Cash, Konsa, Mings and Targett could have lined up for England and not looked out of place. Something changed with Ezri; I am looking forward to the coaching staff helping Ezri get back to his former self.

• Like 1

Was terrible for the goal. I get Zaha can fall down so easily but you have to try to get a block in at least.

There's just no reason for him to be starting over Chambers based on respective form in 2022. No idea what the Gerrard logic is for that decision.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Was terrible for the goal. I get Zaha can fall down so easily but you have to try to get a block in at least.

There's just no reason for him to be starting over Chambers based on respective form in 2022. No idea what the Gerrard logic is for that decision.

Always been a Gerrard favourite no matter how shit he has played under him

Maybe reminds him of Carragher or something

Heads gone. Everyone can see it. Fans, players, teammates. He's been abhorrent for a long period of games. Scared shitless.

So naturally you start him again over the lad whose barely put a foot wrong since he joined.

Is it match fixing? Is he trying to get sacked?

Â