Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Just playing devils advocate here really, but is he one of those players that will move because his clubs tells him to, but then just take a massive wage and get all fat and rubbish (I’m thinking McCormack, Lescott, Richards...) and have no interest in playing football? I know the same could be said for anyone, and I’m not trying to be negative I really want to sign him and him to be good, but if he really doesn’t want to leave is it worth forcing the issue?

I want the kind of player that’s desperate to play in the PL and for a team like us, but if he’s happy in the doldrums for that club then maybe just let the baby have his bottle?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I've no love for Leeds, and Phillips seems like a right ninnyhammer, but he is one hell of a player who has everything we are looking for in a defensive midfielder and youth on his side.

Stop making him out to be something he's not. He's an above average young championship dmc.  Arguably even a very good championship dmc. But people are praising him like Gattuso mk2. Just embarrassing. 

26 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I've no love for Leeds, and Phillips seems like a right ninnyhammer, but he is one hell of a player who has everything we are looking for in a defensive midfielder and youth on his side.

I agree 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Stop making him out to be something he's not. He's an above average young championship dmc.  Arguably even a very good championship dmc. But people are praising him like Gattuso mk2. Just embarrassing. 

I'd tend to agree with him that he is everything we are looking for in a DCM but your entitled to your opinion without telling people what they can and can not say , I'd love if we can get it done but if we can not it's not the end of world as I trust Dean has other options equally as  adequate

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Angriest Norwegian since Anders Breivik

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Eurgh I hate Leeds. I actually hate them more than Birmingham as I don’t live locally so the rivalry doesn’t affect me too much and they’re so insignificant in a footballing sense it’s hard to even care. Leeds however are undeniably huge and they’re a scummy club in a scummy town.

I don’t really want Phillips as he’s Leeds through and through. Really happy to not be in the same league as them once again. Long may it stay this way. 

I wouldn’t say they were huge at all. Poxy club who had one good spell when Don Revie was they’re manager. Revie virtually invented anti football, he made Tony Pulis look like Pep.  Leeds were just a bunch of thugs. Revie went on to manage England in a really terrible spell during which he wasn’t particularly liked by the players. 

I’ve never met a none Leeds supporter who has ever had anything good to say about them. They’re behaviour in last season’s game at Elland Road sums them up. Only Bielsa, who not being as stupid as his players and their fans, saw the benefit, eventually, of going with Dean Smith’s suggestion of letting us walk a goal in. If anyone thinks that they would have done that if there was anything really riding on the result then I think they’re wrong. However he deserves limited credit, the whole spying thing suits their low level scum attitude. No class, small team from near Lancashire. 

Phillips may be a good player, but if he brings his Tyke attitude with him he can stay where he is. For north of £20m I’d think there are alternatives who are equally good. There doesn’t seem to be a clamour for him from any other clubs. 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hes able to position himself in Premier League class(that is huge), total beast man to man. Can pass the ball ok. I would like to see him little bit taller but its ok. Perhaps he will need to have 2 - 3 mouths in Premier League to get hes best. If he dont go to PL know than he will go next year and do well. Reminds my of Roy Keane because of hes positon quality. 

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

According to who... you? Don’t assume your opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s, because it’s not. It’s not embarrassing, it’s his opinion, just accept that other people think differently to you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Hes able to position himself in Premier League class(that is huge), total beast man to man. Can pass the ball ok. I would like to see him little bit taller but its ok. Perhaps he will need to have 2 - 3 mouths in Premier League to get hes best. If he dont go to PL know than he will go next year and do well. Reminds my of Roy Keane because of hes positon quality. 

4f1827dde928111a53d1b8c35ce3c6d2.png

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

According to who... you? Don’t assume your opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s, because it’s not. It’s not embarrassing, it’s his opinion, just accept that other people think differently to you.

That goes without saying. I am speaking for myself and it's embarrassing small time fawning over a player for crazy money when half of you probably have seen him in the dmc role only a few times. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â