Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

FFS why the hell of BT got this game. I might be wrong here but I don’t remember there being one Villa game televised for free since the restart. Certainly not on the BBC or Prime. 

There has only been a few on for free 

I have BT Sports through EE so can stream on Xbox so I am not too bothered other than at times the stream quality goes down and its buffered so will be about 30 seconds plus behind the other games on Sky 

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That should've been Newcastle vs Liverpool surely.

Oh come on we need another 2 hour media wankfest about Liverpool winning the league with Jamie Carragher jizzing his pants over the commentary 

30 years of hurt you know ....

30 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Oh come on we need another 2 hour media wankfest about Liverpool winning the league with Jamie Carragher jizzing his pants over the commentary 

30 years of hurt you know ....

Yes that's why it should've been on Sky Golf, as well as that being the sport those teams and Steve Bruce will be currently more interested in than football.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

I’ve already moved on from Sunday but having seen hearts and Patrick thistle relegated on points per game and given we would have gone down on that basis I hope the premier league or even better the whole of English football rule that out as an option ever again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Off topic but the Laursen header vs City only the blonde guy of the 6 jumping never played for Villa

Though debatable if Richards did either 😂

Michael Johnson I think. Was very good when he was young. Then suffered injuries and depression and his life went a bit off the rails. I read something somewhere that he's doing alright for himself now though which is good.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

sqwaka are doing some interesting stat analysis of this years league and showing how football has changed over the years, threw out this beauty - 

Why is Richards stopping Dunne from challenging???

If Laursen was making so many clearances wtf were our full backs doing!!! Well I mean centre backs playing at fb.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Laursen - a rare breed that absolutely loved defending! Absolute quality. And a bloody handsome devil too.

Curtis Davies said on the 1874 podcast that he preferred playing with Cueller as Laursen cleared both left and right side making Davies uncertain where to position himself. However I always thought he played better with Laursen so there you go. Sorry not really on topic. But it shows the traditional central defender is a bit of a dying breed now, a ball player a la Mings seems more popular.  It seems modern football encourages defenders to be more attacking and defensive midfielders to really carry the weight of protecting the back line. That is why Luiz improving and learning his role more post Covid lockdown was so important.

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

My favourites were the Jota through ball one, the Norwich ball over the top control and turn one, and the Arsenal close in finish. 

The Jota throughball one we’d done pretty much the same move a few weeks before at the Walsall friendly. It’s a shame Jota was so weak and immobile as technically a very good player

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The Jota throughball one we’d done pretty much the same move a few weeks before at the Walsall friendly. It’s a shame Jota was so weak and immobile as technically a very good player

Yep. They looked like they were forging a good little partnership, until we realised that Jota just wasn’t fast or physical enough for this league.