Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I really hope the shit sticks to those in the football world (and everywhere else) who stand out with their greed, hypocrisy and lack of compassion during all this.

Sadly it probably won't for the most part but one can hope.

• Like 2

Away from Spurs, I cannot believe the sheer hypocrisy of Bournemouth, Eddie Howe seems like a decent guy, and agreed to take a paycut, but the club is exploiting the government scheme as much as Spurs, Newcastle, and Norwich are. Shame on them.

They p*ss into the winds of the moral abyss.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

I really hope the shit sticks to those in the football world (and everywhere else) who stand out with their greed, hypocrisy and lack of compassion during all this.

Sadly it probably won't for the most part but one can hope.

same as a lot of stuff that's going on, as soon as a ball is kicked again it will soon be business as usual

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Its shocking. This virus has really flagged the moral bankruptcy we have as a society, and perhaps no surprise Football is one of the worst culprits.

I am afraid Grealish's indiscretion, and Levy's sentiment and thought process symbolises that most on the Football gravy train are detached from reality that the rest of society is living. The fact that that some premier league teams are exploiting the government support which all of tax paying society will end up re-paying, and others will suffer due to the inevitable post-event austerity which wont affect anyone in the Premier League just exemplifies how rotten it all is.

If my club takes the same route without the management/playing staff taking a substantial cut I will never patronise it while the management remains.

The fact that playing out the season is even being considered is crazy, this problem isn't going away and will take months and months to calm down and even then it wont be over. At a time when only last week I developed a slight cough and with knowledge that our local hospital is full and already making decisions on who gets the respirators, had a sleepless night worrying how my family would lose their home and cope without my income, and did I have time to write a will as I am unmarried and a father of three young kids - how can football consider playing behind closed doors when the Government and by proxy society it imploring social distancing as the example of how we are going to beat this - how will you play a sport and remain 2m's away from the next person. Madness, and in bad taste too.

I agree they treat fans like mugs anyway. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Away from Spurs, I cannot believe the sheer hypocrisy of Bournemouth, Eddie Howe seems like a decent guy, and agreed to take a paycut, but the club is exploiting the government scheme as much as Spurs, Newcastle, and Norwich are. Shame on them.

They p*ss into the winds of the moral abyss.

just seen this today and i'm equally as appalled, as i would be if villa did it. no prem club should take a penny off the state...callum wilson is on 100k a week ffs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Wow. Big call. Fingers crossed.

If theres no more football then that is the fairest solution. Voiding the season completely is not. So Liverpool win the title, the top 4 remain the same. Nobody gets relegated and West Brom and Leeds come up. Theres an issue with Man City if the ban is upheld but if it is, instead of the charity shield have a playoff between Man U and Shef U. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If theres no more football then that is the fairest solution. Voiding the season completely is not. So Liverpool win the title, the top 4 remain the same. Nobody gets relegated and West Brom and Leeds come up. Theres an issue with Man City if the ban is upheld but if it is, instead of the charity shield have a playoff between Man U and Shef U. 

And stick Villa in to the Europa League for reaching the Carabao Final. I know we're not next in line if City get suspeneded but why not? This is not a normal situation.

• Haha 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

And stick Villa in to the Europa League for reaching the Carabao Final. I know we're not next in line if City get suspeneded but why not? This is not a normal situation.

😀 You're pushing your luck a little there. Actually we couldn't cope with combining the league Carabao cup and Premier League so god help us if we did play in the Europa league,

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Belgian league takes a sensible, pragmatic step. Good on them for not relegating but choosing rather to expand the league next season.

LOL. The PL would probably frown on this as it would mean 10% less money for the member clubs and to them its only about the money.

It won't be as easy for the English league to do as is being done in Belgium, if we were to just promote Leeds and Albion based on an incomplete season then the likes of Fulham would make a big deal about it, just deciding that they won't be promoted based on an incomplete season would be no better than relegating us based on an incomplete season.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Belgian league takes a sensible, pragmatic step. Good on them for not relegating but choosing rather to expand the league next season.

But they’re 16 teams so much easier. Anyway I think it’s an ok solution, as long as they don’t relegate us.

1 minute ago, useless said:

It won't be as easy for the English league to do as is being done in Belgium, if we were to just promote Leeds and Albion based on an incomplete season then the likes of Fulham would make a big deal about it, just deciding that they won't be promoted based on an incomplete season would be no better than relegating us based on an incomplete season.

I don’t think EFL has the same power as PL, although I do agree with you, but how can they give Plop and then not promoting teams down there? 

I don’t care to be honest, I care about this matter to go safe then after that in the football matter I just want Villa to stay up. Wether Plop win it or WBA are up or even SHA. Actually them not achieving anything would be a bonus but that’s selfishly thought. It’s hard for Liverpool not to win the title tbh.

• Thanks 1