Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

the fact that behind closed doors are even being considered is concrete proof, should we ever have needed it, that the footballing authorities do not give a monkeys about the fans

So what are the odds that the starting time of these games will be adjusted to better suit the Asian and or North American market?

Not that I think they will end up being played anyway but.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So what are the odds that the starting time of these games will be adjusted to better suit the Asian and or North American market?

Not that I think they will end up being played anyway but.

it's a fair shout...they're behind closed doors anyway right? so who cares if they kick off at 10am

some have mentioned and i really wouldn't put it past them to play them overseas. they're desperate to play premiership games in asia etc, the only reason it hasnt happened yet is that fans will kick off about it. this will give them a great excuse

According to an ITK the country is going into LOCKDOWN on Friday for two weeks, matters are very quickly spiralling into very new and dark territory and I think very quickly the football calendar will become very unimportant and an irrelevance. I fully expect the season to be scrubbed, it may effect next season too.

FWIW, he also told me Prince Philip has died and they are waiting to announce it.

I really dont think teams will be able to train, nor TV crews cover it etc etc. I think the whole thing is now at a completely new and unimaginable level, and putting food on the table and peoples jobs and well being will soon be the only thing anyone is worried about. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

According to an ITK the country is going into LOCKDOWN on Friday for two weeks, matters are very quickly spiralling into very new and dark territory and I think very quickly the football calendar will become very unimportant and an irrelevance. I fully expect the season to be scrubbed, it may effect next season too.

FWIW, he also told me Prince Philip has died and they are waiting to announce it.

Did he have a foil hat on?

• Like 1

Another Liverpool scum saying how important it is to finish the season. This time Phil Thompson. It's sickening the agenda sky and these people have just to get Liverpool a **** title.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Your ITK is clearly Boris or The Queen then..

We pretty much know from Italy etc more or less what is likely to happen and when.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

When will the Premier league be meeting again, do we know?

April 3rd is only just over two weeks away and they'll need to make an announcement some time before then. 

Thursday is supposed to be a meeting

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When will the Premier league be meeting again, do we know?

April 3rd is only just over two weeks away and they'll need to make an announcement some time before then. 

Thursday (Tomorrow) for Premier League meeting. EFL had meeting today and have stated that they want to complete the season to protect the integrity of the competition, words we’ve heard from media ppl. They also say they are in close contact with the Premier League. Expect more of the same from tomorrows Premier League meeting, words about maintaining integrity, blah blah blah. Integrity is something the Premier League left behind long ago. Let’s see if the EFL are prepared to throw aside the FA & League Cups for a season to complete this season. Because the only way, currently, that this season gets finished is by running into what would be the 2020/21 season. And to repeat what I said in an earlier post, no behind closed doors games. If maintaining integrity is so important then all clubs must play ALL league games under the same conditions, with fans present to roar on home teams. That’s called home advantage, and 60% of our remaining games are home ties. Under no circumstances do we lose that advantage that others have enjoyed for 75% of the season. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sne said:

Problem being will the PL be liable to repay a bunch of TV and advertisement money  to companies across the world that they have already doled out to the clubs?

Could be billions depending on how the contracts look.

evil on fire GIF

Pretty confident PL are going to try and start back up behind closed doors. Maybe not April 4th, but I think 11th is a solid bet.

EFL will half-arsed follow suit with clubs moaning they need gate, which they do! The EFL help fund they announced today is the only way that's possible.

It'll get messy if players get it later on, like April 18th for example. I have a feeling they're just going to try and force it through and tell teams to test everyone else and just carry on.

Liverpool will have the title sewn up in three weeks no doubt, so they'll all be calling for the season to be postponed once that's under their belt.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Pretty confident PL are going to try and start back up behind closed doors. Maybe not April 4th, but I think 11th is a solid bet.

Absolutely no chance. Unfortunately the whole country will be in lock down, Italy style by early April and it will last for weeks. China had severe restrictions for 2 months before starting to relax very recently. This season is done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elton said:

Absolutely no chance. Unfortunately the whole country will be in lock down, Italy style by early April and it will last for weeks. China had severe restrictions for 2 months before starting to relax very recently. This season is done.

Hope so as that means we get another wad of cash :flag:

I do think they'll try though.