Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

They've picked up 5 points since Christmas, it's all well and good showing fight but they just can't win. Long may it continue! 

It's funny how losing to spurs so late was seen as destroying moral, but West ham will apparently "take heart" from a late defeat to plop. 

Some folk can't help but to be negative. 

Edited by av1

I thought West Ham played quite well against Liverpool last month as well, but they then went and drew at home with Brighton after leading 3-1, so I wouldn't read too much into today's game. Norwich are like it every match, often play well but somehow still lose more often than not and find themselves bottom of the table.

5 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

still think we’ll finish above Wet Spam if we can play like we did against Spuds and not like we did against Saints.

The most positive thing I can say about Southampton game is about 4 players possibly had their worst game in a Villa shirt

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is what does my head in about Villa social media. Everyone just takes the most pessimistic option by default, and aren't even consistent in how they apply their pessimism.

It's the easiest way to get a reaction, which is sadly all some people use social media for. 

8 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

still think we’ll finish above Wet Spam if we can play like we did against Spuds and not like we did against Saints.

I think there was 100% an element of some players trying to avoid injury and, perhaps, ‘saving themselves’ for the final. So I’m not too worried about the Saints performance.

Angry? Yes. But not worried that we’ll put out many more of those types of display.

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Nip to China for a few weeks holiday.

Or small heath, more dangerous but closer to home. 

Edited by av1

32 minutes ago, av1 said:

It's funny how losing to spurs so late was seen as destroying moral, but West ham will apparently "take heart" from a late defeat to plop. 

Some folk can't help but to be negative. 

Spurs are not Liverpool though and it was so late on against spurs 

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

West Ham will stay up, they have shown enough to suggest they will stay up. They are absolutely the polar opposite to us in terms of fight etc.

Replace 'west ham' with aston villa znd that is exactly what west ham fans saud about us after we lost to spurs. 

We also lost 3-2 with a late goal and a clanger from one of our players.

And we wonder why we are called fickle...

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't do ten weeks of this.

The old ticker won't stand for it.

i know the feeling.

wake up, check VT, get as depressed by some posts as by Villa's plight.

........not gonna reply........not........gonna reply.

.........dont........do......it.....

oh f*ck it.....

frustrated customer service GIF

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's a miracle that we've lost 3 in a row and still sit outside the relegation zone.

Just a couple of **** wins and we're sitting pretty. The next two games are savage though.

We've shown we can take Leicester. We sussed them out after the 4-1 game. Chelsea are flakey, and they're coming to VP where we've generally been very competitive. I'm not scared of those types of games. It's the games against the smaller teams away from home with the compact stadiums and fervent fans that we seem to do horribly against.