Enda

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Our stats apparently......ouch....

52 goals conceded (20th)

4 clean sheets (20th)

15 conceded at set pieces (20th)

18.2 shots faced per game (20th)

2.11 xGa per game (20th)

STATS clearly show we are moving in the wrong  direction . Nothing has changed from game 1  - this is why we will be relegated!! 

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

with the player sales + parachute payments we could sign a whole new squad. not to mention that i doubt many are likely to be poached by current prem teams aside from the obvious 3. being able to offer european football to new players might also make us an attractive prospect.

No one would come in for our summer signings because they are championship level signings simple as, we could offer PL football and recruited poorly last summer. We'd be mad to spend big a again if we got relegated.

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

STATS clearly show we are moving in the wrong  direction . Nothing has changed from game 1  - this is why we will be relegated!! 

We might not get relegated if teams are shitter than us!

It is pretty damning stats though! Despite the absolute lack of quality we signed last summer you can't look at a single player and say they have been coached into a better player.

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Despite the absolute lack of quality we signed last summer you can't look at a single player and say they have been coached into a better player.

What an odd comment!

What basis do you know that no one has improved since they came in? 

Theres a big difference between not improving at all and simply not having the desired quality!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What an odd comment!

What basis do you know that no one has improved since they came in? 

Theres a big difference between not improving at all and simply not having the desired quality!

Why is it odd? Which players do you feel have improved?

22 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'd say Grealish, Konsa, Targett, Hause, Mings, Luiz have all improved this season. At a stretch I'd say ElGhazi and Wesley too. 

19 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

It's not the point of whether or not I think they have improved (I think most have individually btw) but where you have the idea that to a man they havnt?

What metric would you even use?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I'd say Grealish, Konsa, Targett, Hause, Mings, Luiz have all improved this season. At a stretch I'd say ElGhazi and Wesley too. 

Okaay! Grealish has been with us since he was about 6 years old I believe so not quite a summer signing, Mings was with us last season on loan as was Hause! 

Targett has become more consistent, and I do think Konsa will develop in time , but Luiz? No not for me.

Sorry just saw the Wesley bit huge lols to use my teenage daughters terminology!!

Edited by zab6359
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It's not the point of whether or not I think they have improved (I think most have individually btw) but where you have the idea that to a man they havnt?

What metric would you even use?

How do you quantify improvement (individually)? what have they done to show improvement (to you)? 

As a team we haven't improved over the season unless you can show me otherwise? Individuals collectively performing well will improve teams, you develop (coach) them and things (results) tend to get better.

12 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

grealish - yes, konsa - no, if anything has gotten worse; targett - yes, hause - same as konsa, mings - arguably the same as the other two...but has made fewer errors of late, so inclined to maybe give you that one. luiz - just as crap as he's been all season

el ghazi - maybe....has been inconsistent all season and still is IMO. wesley had his best game then got injured, so for me would be overly praising him to say he's improved

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Okaay! Grealish has been with us since he was about 6 years old I believe so not quite a summer signing, Mings was with us last season on loan as was Hause! 

Targett has become more consistent, and I do think Konsa will develop in time , but Luiz? No not for me.

They have all improved!

The problem was their starting point.  Most need far more time and a couple are simply not the required quality.

It's easy to say no one has improved when we are on this kind of run, but you do have to give credit where it's due.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter whether the players have improved or not. Results clearly haven't improved. The fact of the matter is we've not taken enough points from our "easier" games. Now we need to take points from teams better than us. It is by all means highly unlikely to happen. It's going to take a miracle for us to still be in this league next season.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

It doesn't really matter whether the players have improved or not. Results clearly haven't improved. The fact of the matter is we've not taken enough points from our "easier" games. Now we need to take points from teams better than us. It is by all means highly unlikely to happen. It's going to take a miracle for us to still be in this league next season.

No it isn't

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They have all improved!

The problem was their starting point.  Most need far more time and a couple are simply not the required quality.

It's easy to say no one has improved when we are on this kind of run, but you do have to give credit where it's due.

This kind of run? 🤣 it started last August and hasn't stopped!

Not sure where you are coming from or just want to be argumentative, Grealish has been immense this season absolutely kept us out of the bottom three by himself if he wasn't around we would probably have the same points as Norwich.

once you pass Christmas the "they need time to gel" gets a little tedious tbh

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I disagree our season will be defined by what watford and whu do.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This kind of run? 🤣 it started last August and hasn't stopped!

Not sure where you are coming from or just want to be argumentative, Grealish has been immense this season absolutely kept us out of the bottom three by himself if he wasn't around we would probably have the same points as Norwich.

once you pass Christmas the "they need time to gel" gets a little tedious tbh

I'm trying not to be argumentative, merely curious as to your original point. If you make a point then you have to be able to back it up, kinda the whole point of a board like this.

It's an interesting topic of conversation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

That’s such a strange way to view things.

Basically, ‘West Ham must be better than us because losing 3-2 to Liverpool is better than losing 3-2, late on, to Spurs’ ?

When we played Liverpool we were leading for 65 minutes, conceding an equaliser in the 87th and then the sucker punch in the 93rd.

West Ham lead for a total of 14 minutes last night. Hardly mesmerising stuff.

Our Spurs loss only happened because of a terrible individual error, that Engels probably won’t do again in a long time.

If we can take away anything from these games, it’s that both teams have fight and both teams are fragile. The only difference is that we held on to the lead for much longer than them, and that in the Spurs game we threw away a point from an individual error, which presumably is easier to eradicate than general poor team play.

Our performance against Liverpool at home was great but that’s a long time ago now. West Ham are on an horrific run, it seems that Gold and Sullivan have sucked the life out of the club. Fans aren’t happy. We are In a much more positive state than they are but I think they have better players