Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Individual battles, and results against the top half, are irrelevant, the War will be Won (or lost ?) by results against teams around us.

We have 6 Wins against those, only Burnley (7) have more.

pointswise - Burnley 23 from 12

Arsenal 20 from 11

Villa 20 from 12

Brighton 18 from 10

Everton 16 from 11

Bournemouth and Saints 13 from 11/10

Spam 12 from 10

Newcastle 11 from 10

Watford 8 from 10

Norwich 8 from 11

We are the highest scorers, with 20. We average more goals per game than all others, and have 5 teams conceding more, and 5 conceding fewer goals per game.

Whilst the results against Saints and Watford were poor, had we Won them ,as some seem to think was essential, wed be 9th just now.  Is that a realistic expectation ?

1 hour ago, useless said:

Chelsea can't stop giving our relegation rivals points, really could do with them and Spurs picking up some form this month as they play a lot of teams near the bottom. Hopefully some of the afternoon kick-offs go our way, especially could with Palace and Wolves getting away wins against Southampton and Watford, and West Ham not winning against Bournemouth. Whatever happens we can't drop back into the bottom three this weekend.

I don’t think Bournemouth win would help us at all. I’d prefer a draw. But Spammers winning isn’t better than Bournemouth winning.

I think a draw between Bournemouth and West Ham is probably the best for us, leaves us with a better chance of remaining outside the bottom three even if we lose to Man City. But West Ham not winning will be the main thing, although Bournemouth are on a poor run of form, and West Ham will have new manager bounce so we'll see.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Lejuene for Newcastle has gifted both goals. Apparently not fit but forced to start due to lack of centre backs available. Where have we seen that before...

Definitely not with Bruce at Villa. He was the best manager in my lifetime. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I think a draw between Bournemouth and West Ham is probably the best for us, leaves us with a better chance of remaining outside the bottom three even if we lose to Man City.

I think its a hard call to stay outside of bottom 3 after City. But we’ve shown confidence and belief which is the most important. If Watford win today, we will definitely go to bottom 3 unless West Ham lose to Sheffield Utd (which isn’t far from reality). Watford will play Bournemouth and any result will see us dropping to the relegation zone. Bournemouth are playing Watford and Norwich ao it’s important to make them as low as they are. 

Anyway we really need our neighbors to help us again by scoring at Watford!

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Going to be very tight. Norwich look like they're being cut adrift but other than that it's so close.

I think its important for us that Norwich win and get near. We need them to play their best against teams around. They’re playing Bournemouth soon. They’ll play everyone apart from us. I don’t think they can do as Watford but its good to for us that they stay in touch.

• Like 1

Wolves are a good side at coming back from losing positions so hopefully can do it today, they've rested a few players like Jota and Neves though and aren't playing great so we'll see. Trouble is whatever happens I can see Watford pulling away, they're playing nothing like a team that looks likely to be relegated, it was a surprise them being down there in the first place, so there was always be a danger that they'd improve at some point

1 minute ago, useless said:

Wolves are a good side at coming back from losing positions 

They have just said on BT that if the table was based on half time scorelines Wolves would be bottom. 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Wolves are a good side at coming back from losing positions so hopefully can do it today, they've rested a few players like Jota and Neves though and aren't playing great so we'll see. Trouble is whatever happens I can see Watford pulling away, they're playing nothing like a team that looks likely to be relegated, it was a surprise them being down there in the first place, so there was always be a danger that they'd improve at some point

agreed, I still think that Bournemouth, Newcastle and Burnley are at bigger risk than Watford. But you never know, they were utter gash before Pearson so it could be a false dawn and I hope it is.

Wolves are THE comeback team so I'm still hopeful.