Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

37 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

At this point in the season (and I know it's not half way yet)

We have played only 1 top half team at home
We have played only 1 bottom half team away

Only the current Top4 have scored more away goals than us  (Thank you Norwich) 

Its a great stat, but actually that's the worrying part. We will have an easier away game, while having a hard home games. We tend to be better at home. That's why getting 6 wins before the new year would only help us. That's why every bonus point is countable. We'll need another 2 wins atleast, and couple of draws before Watford game. We have the chance to do that (Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield, Southampton and Norwich). In reality 7-9 points would be an ok return. having that with a win at Watford, that would make us needing 3 wins out of 18 which is achievable. Ofcourse its always better to look at stepping up the table, but securing our place is always a priority.

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Its a great stat, but actually that's the worrying part. We will have an easier away game, while having a hard home games. We tend to be better at home. That's why getting 6 wins before the new year would only help us. That's why every bonus point is countable. We'll need another 2 wins atleast, and couple of draws before Watford game. We have the chance to do that (Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield, Southampton and Norwich). In reality 7-9 points would be an ok return. having that with a win at Watford, that would make us needing 3 wins out of 18 which is achievable. Ofcourse its always better to look at stepping up the table, but securing our place is always a priority.

Saw a good line before the Newcastle game. It was a fantasy football guy's write up and he reckoned we'd have the most difficult fixtures if any side so far. Think Everton have had the second easiest!

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Watching Palace/Bournemouth last night

They sold Mings and kept this Mepham fella, and bought Stacey.

Mings is twice the player of both combined.

They only just bought Mepham in January and he's only just turned 22 so I can see why they have a bit of patience on him.

Also the money they got for Mings was likely too good to turn down, even thou it's turned out a positive deal for us as well.

On 06/11/2019 at 12:08, Keyblade said:

In a couple of weeks after we play United, we'd have almost an identical set of fixtures played, while also having played each other. Would be a good time to revisit this conversation:

Arsenal, Norwich, Spurs, Brighton, Liverpool, West Ham, Bournemouth, Wolves, United, City,  Watford, Chelsea, Leicester 

vs:

Arsenal Norwich, Spurs, Brighton, Liverpool, West Ham,  Bournemouth, Wolves, United, City, Everton, Burnley, Palace 

They have 1 more point than us, and this is with us beating them too, so they're not doing too badly at all. We've had the slightly harder fixtures though as we've only played 1 of our 5 matches against the big 6 at home whereas they played 4. Gonna be interesting to see if this lasts the whole season.

18 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Heard a stat earlier that they have only won 8 games in the whole of 2019 that's a pretty poor stat!

Surprised it's that bad, guess they must've just hit 40 points around March last season and then clocked off like WBA used to do.

Ultimately Bournemouth to me will just nosedive like Charlton and Bolton did when they lost their miracle working managers. They'll be certs to get relegated when Howe eventually leaves.

Everyone on Everton fixture watch for rest of the season, excellent.

West Ham losing was good aswell, they got very lucky playing a Chelsea team that didn't start Tammy or Kante. As we saw tonight those two make huge difference to the quality of Chelsea team under Lampard.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everyone on Everton fixture watch for rest of the season, excellent.

West Ham losing was good aswell, they got very lucky playing a Chelsea team that didn't start Tammy or Kante. As we saw tonight those two make huge difference to the quality of Chelsea team under Lampard.

They didn't start Willian either. Don't know what Frank was playing at to be honest.

Don't think Chelsea is a great match up for us. There was world of difference by how quickly they moved ball around the midfield compared to Man. United. They weren't suddenly going to turn into Derby County just because it was Smith v Lampard.

Personally I'd have started Luiz and Nakamba. Luiz did alright when he came on so I'd start those two on Sunday considering the form Leicester are in. Gulibert straight back in aswell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Today's performance scared me.

I know it's Chelsea but Jesus Christ they aren't prime time Barca.

Been a long time since i've seen us getting as dominated in a game before

scared? I am sure you have said that a few times already this season. You might be just too easily scared

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Today's performance scared me.

I know it's Chelsea but Jesus Christ they aren't prime time Barca.

Been a long time since i've seen us getting as dominated in a game before

Got to agree with you, was absolute tripe.

Got to say Southampton have done well since the 9-0. Won their two home six pointers, should've won at Arsenal and only lost away to Man. City last minute in 4 of the 5 games since then.

Suggests to me they have enough to stay up despite being weak at both ends.