Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have a collection of some old Villa programs. I will quote one if I may.  It's the 1971 League Cup Final v Spurs. Its before my time  but we all know that then Villa were in the third division (league one in 2019) having beaten Man U in the semi final.  The quote below I think holds up still even today-

"The one constant factor in recent times has been the loyalty and faith of the Villa Park crowd. They have become the talk of the game, and the inspiration of the team. It is hard perhaps for those neutrals who live outside  Birmingham to understand  why the Villa Park gates are higher than any in the Second Division this season and many in the First. 

It is hard to grasp why there should be such loyalty at this time. The answer lies in the feeling that something positive is being done to return the club to its former greatness. Not in words, but in deeds. Not in fiction, but in fact. They knew what had to be done, and now they can see what is being done ..... Regardless of today's result the players have found faith in themselves and restored pride to the massive band of supporters who backed them.

There is still much to do, and it would be foolish and futile to put a time limit on achievement. What matters most is that the once-ailing Aston Vila is alive and well.'"

Lets all go down to Wembley Way feeling proud of the team who have had such an amazing run to get here.  We have the players, fans and owners united behind the goal, and that is to win tomorrow. Up the Villa.

There was nearly 60k at that semi final v United at Villa Park. Then over 100k at the final v Spurs. 

15 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

Looking forward to the game chaps and I hope it’s a great one and whoever wins or doesn’t then good luck to everyone next season.

the media have been their usual for us 

leeds chairman on talk sport saying we should be banned

Boro Chairman  saying he wants sue us 

all media talking about lampard going to Chelsea ( this is now a very real possibility which would be a real shame) 

and all 3 days before Wembley- nice are they not 

one nice bit today - on one of the trains going to London a couple of our injured players Bryson and Nugent bought all the beer on the train and station and gave it out to all the Rams fans going down today - nice touch from 2 good professionals 

Nice touch indeed. Tomorrow probably means a lot to guys like Bryson and Keogh. Been there an age. May the best team win.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I went 'cheap and cheerful' with my choice of hotel so tonight I'll be sleeping Infront of the door with a bat. 

Long night for us all, even longer for you 😂

These players are Smarties. They know there will be fans coming down from Bournville to see our Galaxy of Stars, and to Revel in the atmosphere. 

• Like 2

The only time I saw Villa win was 1975 LCF v Norwich...I was 16 yo

Nervous now yes, but when I am standing with all you Villa fans tomorrow that will change.

Remember, we are Aston Villa!

Win or lose (God forbid) the world will continue to turn and AVFC will continue.

Lets do it tomorrow, lets win this game .....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dappadan said:

Mine went to my old address so I rang them and they sent me a ticket via e mail. Might be worth a try?

do you know if they cancel the original ?

Mine went missing is very mysterious circumstances (Royal mail tracked - but they lost it) - I have a replacement e-ticket - but I am paranoid someone will show up with the original