Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

19 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The FA Cup and League Cup finals pale into insignificance for nerves compared to this. There is just so much more to lose. After a final, you wake up the next day gutted but life goes on. We lose this, we wake up tomorrow, losing our best players, possible financial problems and face another daunting season of championship football then maybe have to go through this again in 12 months. I feel sick.

Financially i don't think it's as grim as last season, then again they hid it bloody well last year until we lost to Fulham. If we lose today, Grealish has played his last game with the club. If we win and go up it still might be his last game. We'd command a massive fee for him though. No idea how this FFP thing works and whether we are restricted in how we spend. If the worst happens today ( but it won't) we'll be ok next season.

testing my code can bloody wait til tomorrow! I'm heading out from work in a bit to soothe my broken nerves with a beer ahead of the kick off. this is goddam gruesome.  

I think there is no chance of Grealish leaving if we win. He worked his nuts off to get us promoted and we can offer him a lovely new contract. I cant see him jumping ship immediately. After one season in the Prem, maybe. If he stands out and has a great season he may even make the England Euros squad whereas being a in and out squad member of a "top" side he would have no chance.

Either way, right now its the least of our concerns.

The Wembley sacrificial turkey's have been slain... It was a tiring job and the screams will live with me forever, but I knew it must be done..

Whelan hat trick of 35 yarders, with his head coming up.

• Haha 2

Just hope we don't show early signs of fannying around at the back, cos if we do that will dog us for the rest of the game.

Baggies closing us down when we tried playing it out is what caused us problems in the semis and that's how Derby beat Leeds, so we can expect something similar today.

If we see confident, crisp, simple passing from our centre backs to the midfield from the off, then I will be able to relax, but until then, no chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

I played a lot of sport as a youngster, had to play a game at The Dell once, for a school final, I was strangely calm. Most of us were. Also played cricket finals with no issues. When Villa are in games like this I have 999 on speed dial as my chest and stomach are doing bad things.

Flying through turbulence the pilot is calmer than the passengers

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is so anticlimactic for me. Gonna be watching the game 10 hours later when it's already all said and done. Everyone will be asleep by the time I finish watching it 😭

Damn bro. Feel for you.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Flying through turbulence the pilot is calmer than the passengers

I always look at the faces of the stewardesses, therefore I will gauge our performance levels by the face of Micah Richards.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I always look at the faces of the stewardesses, therefore I will gauge our performance levels by the face of Micah Richards.

I thought we established him as a passenger.

• Haha 3