Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Already over double the amount of pages in this pre match thread than there was for last year’s final.

The nervous anticipation is much stronger this year, perhaps.

I think it's because we are the favourite and have a really great chance. To be honest last year I was hoping Fulham wouldn't show up, and the only thing that gave me hope they wouldnt it the fact blues beat them last game of the season for their first loss in about 25 games. But sadly it wasn't to be. This year is different 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Already over double the amount of pages in this pre match thread than there was for last year’s final.

The nervous anticipation is much stronger this year, perhaps.

Hold onto your hat - it’s happening 👍

• Like 1

Considering that if I could have chosen any team to face in the final it would habe been derby......Do I not feel any less stressed????

In fact I probably feel more stressed as this is our best chance.....

Edited by MaVilla

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

Amazes me how any players are even able to perform on occasions like this. I know most aren't Villa fans but still.

I played a lot of sport as a youngster, had to play a game at The Dell once, for a school final, I was strangely calm. Most of us were. Also played cricket finals with no issues. When Villa are in games like this I have 999 on speed dial as my chest and stomach are doing bad things.

• Like 2

Reading all the sky sports articles and today’s build up chat from them. They really aren’t giving Villa much of a chance, and are crawling so far up Lampard’s arse I’m sure you’ll see them waving out of his mouth in the dugout. Going on about Derby’s amazing performance against Leeds and saying how poor we were against WBA. I really hope we do this just to shove it down their throats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Reading all the sky sports articles and today’s build up chat from them. They really aren’t giving Villa much of a chance, and are crawling so far up Lampard’s arse I’m sure you’ll see them waving out of his mouth in the dugout. Going on about Derby’s amazing performance against Leeds and saying how poor we were against WBA. I really hope we do this just to shove it down their throats.

Saw that myself. Very Annoying. 

• Like 1

The FA Cup and League Cup finals pale into insignificance for nerves compared to this. There is just so much more to lose. After a final, you wake up the next day gutted but life goes on. We lose this, we wake up tomorrow, losing our best players, possible financial problems and face another daunting season of championship football then maybe have to go through this again in 12 months. I feel sick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The FA Cup and League Cup finals pale into insignificance for nerves compared to this. There is just so much more to lose. After a final, you wake up the next day gutted but life goes on. We lose this, we wake up tomorrow, losing our best players, possible financial problems and face another daunting season of championship football then maybe have to go through this again in 12 months. I feel sick.

You say that but on the other hand, lose a play-off final and there's still next season where there's a decent enough chance of going up, and then the season after that, and so on. Lose an FA Cup final and you might not be in another one for a generation.

But yeah I agree I'm more nervous about this, probably because this is a good team I'd like to keep together.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Derby don’t have any finance worries I don’t think, Lampard not really playing down the Chelsea speculation either. They should let us win instead as we have much more riding on this. 😉

No Jo obviously that won't happen. Instead Derby win, Frank leaves, Chelsea bomb, Derby get poleaxed every game and go down with 14 points. 

Just a word of warning to those going to Wembley.. I remember last year, we got to our block and joined the queue outside around 45 minutes before kick off, but didnt get to our seat until a few minutes after it had kicked off. 

The queues at the turnstiles are horrendous at Wembley, I suggest people try to get to their seats early