• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Hourihane (Whelan 66)
    • Green (Adomah 66)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

At 60 mins really didnt think it was going to be our day, thought Conor was excellent when he came on, looked very composed and allowed Jack to push up and be more of a threat. Great pen under pressure from Tammy, AEG man of the match. Very pleased they'll have no Gayle.

Onto Tuesday, UTV

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I thought he was slow and error prone. His passing was often behind the man he aimed at as well. Not his best game at all. But it might be a better match for him on Tuesday? Guess we have to sit a bit deeper then and counter. 

He definitely hadnt his best game in fairness, although I thought the passing in general wasn't great for much of the game. 

Hard to know at the Hawthorns, I'd be still leaning towards playing Hourihane from the start, try and put more pressure on them. 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Baggies mate straight in the WhatsApp group that the ref was bent and we are a team of cheats and divers :lol:

Not sure what he's on about, the Abraham push was about the only contentious decision

I hope you reminded him about how johansson managed to avoid a yellow for at least 3 yellow card offences, how gayle avoided a second yellow for an off the ball foul on Grealish and how gayle was time wasting and diving at every opportunity. 

We did get away with the tammy foul, but that has more to do with the offiials being in the wrong position than being bribed. 😂

• Like 1

We got that little bit of luck that you need and took full advantage.   Gayle underhits the pass to Murphy, ref decides not to give penalty against Tammy.  Either of those goes the other way and it's a completely different story.

Gayle seemed to be on a mission to be sent off.  Time wasting, feigning injury to the face, coming in hard on Steer.  He was getting on the ref's nerves and it wasn't going to take much for him to pull out that 2nd yellow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A38villan said:

Apart from.that one tackle I thought Taylor had a shocker

He wasn’t great, but not that bad either

made a few errors, but no more than the rest.  Elmo prob only one who didn’t put an easy pass astray today.

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Also as a bonus, think of all the poor upset knuckledraggers who were supporting their "best mates"...

tenor.gif?itemid=4145161

5 of them came into a put down here, cheering like Albion were their own team, looked devastated when we won. 

• Haha 3

Â