• Abraham
    • Hourihane (Whelan 66)
    • Green (Adomah 66)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Blues, albion, and Leeds fans seem to have joined forces in some sort of scumbag entente, and they're united in their outrage about the efl conspiracy to get us promoted. 

Let's hope it's all true :D 

• Like 2

I can't understand how anyone might think that second yellow was harsh. He jumps in, studs up and hits Steer. It's closer to being a straight red. These days you can't go in like that. It's dangerous.

Anyway, not the best we've played this season, but they parked the bus after 1-0 and made it hard for us. In the first half I think most of our players, except for El Ghazi and Steer were below par. The 2nd half was much better but still not that great. In the end we got the win and this time they can't park the bus. The first 15-20 minutes will be crucial on Tuesday. If we can keep a clean sheet and even score a goal in that part we'll ne very close to Wembley. I almost don't dare to say this, but I think we'll make it to Wembley.

Whelan made a huge misstake, but I think we'll need him to start on Tuesday. We need his strength and defensive skills to keep them out. If we're one down in 2nd half bring Hourihane on.

Great goal by Hourihane.

El Ghazi motm for me.

Thought in the first half Villa looked leggy and treading In treacle but Smiths subs changed the game.

Whelan and Adomah are spent and shouldn’t wear the jersey again unless due to injuries.

Steer MOTM for me due to that save.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Albion came to put lot of men behind the ball and waste time so I'm glad they ended up copping what they did. 

We got some luck late in the game as Abraham was fortunate not to give away a penalty and Gayle was harshly sent off in my opinion. Although how Johansen managed not to get booked I'll never know. 

Will be interesting to see how they set up at the Hawthorns chasing the tie, with no Gayle & Robson-Kanu. 

On 11/05/2019 at 23:44, CosmicVillan said:

I know but it's the attitude....plus you never know ..if Gayle takes a bad touch you might be able to put him off. Just don't be passive.   

Really thought Tuanzebe was going to slide in ,

20 hours ago, striker said:

Thought in the first half Villa looked leggy and treading In treacle but Smiths subs changed the game.

Whelan and Adomah are spent and shouldn’t wear the jersey again unless due to injuries.

Steer MOTM for me due to that save.

I have seen that in previous games.....I am not sure your comments are right.....but your observations are.

Nope - not having that Gayle was harshly sent off. I thought a couple of the yellow cards Albion were given were harsh, but Gayle, yellow carded for actual time wasting, and getting a second yellow for actually sliding into the keeper despite there being no way whilst I have a hole in my arse that he would ever have gotten to first. That, despite a challenge/block/throw of Grealish that could have easily merited a yellow card all of it's own.

Not having any of this nonsense that Gayle has been harshly treated.

Baggies had more of the better chances in the first half, having set their stall out to play on the counter and it worked for them. Second half, we made a better fist of it and on balance, I felt we were more than worthy of turning the game round, which we did.

Honourable mention to Steer for that save onto the bar. I do believe that it would have been offside had the Baggies player to Steer's left gone for the rebound tap in. I think the linesman did actually flag as though that was going to happen.

Â