Cup Final One (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

So I couldn't go to VP today  because of work and I don't think I'm even going to be able to follow the score because I've walked in to a **** understaffed shitstorm.

Make some extra noise for me please ! UTV 

Just about to drive to Cannock from Telford, pick up my lad, see the Grand kids and then off to VP

Mrs T has made sure I have taken my blood pressure tablets (oh the joy of getting older) as if I'm going to be excited 

UTV 4:1 Villa   @40/1.

• Like 3

Whether we agree or not, today it doesn't matter. Today we are all Villa fans, and today we stand as one to support our mighty team.

These are the days that every supporter lives for, these are the days that must be savoured. The result will be decided later but for now it is the experience of this day.

I love this club.....

And today we Roar!!!!!!

• Like 3

Prediction:

Tammy

El Ghazi                                                 Green

McGinn        Grealish      Hourihane

Taylor            Mings       Tuenzebe       Elmo 

Steer

4-0

Hourihane pips it due to form and attacking intent under DS and Home.

9 hours ago, kiltorken said:

People think I'm accepting defeat by saying this but totally disagree. Im happy and think just being in the playoffs is a bonus all things considered, when you look back to february say.. Considering how poor we were for the majority of the season. Funk it we're in good hands now. if we do lose we'll go again next year with Dean and the boys but We have as good of a chance as any team in it. No fear,  pressure is for tyres.

So if we tire we will be under pressure....i get it.

For everyone going to the game, enjoy it. It will be a great spectacle. Who could have seen this last summer when the talk was so negative?

I’ll be watching from my couch in sunny Ireland. 

Wish I was at VP! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

This season has been bizarre.We started well under Bruce then faded then we started under Smith with incredible performances and then had a huge drop in form when play offs seemed unlikely and we end the season with an amazing run.

We have spent very little time in the top 6. Leeds and West Brom have been there all season and Derby have been there for the majority of the season.

We turn up right at the end of the season and we think we can beat anybody.Maybe we can.Maybe we have timed this to perfection and we are playing our best football when it matters most .

I hope so.

We're the runner in the red top: 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Traffic !!!

Anyone coming in from the East side there are temporary traffic lights in Church Lane right after the shops !!!

Wouldya believe it ?

Already causing jams, I’ve just waited in a line of about fifteen cars and it was only 9:30

• Sad 1

McGinn for me today - he's rested and will give his all - he's the sort of player who thrives on pressure. Whatever anyone else is doing, he'll carry us through. Oh and then we have Grealish on fire, Tammy 25 goals Abraham and Mings the merciless. The ONLY thing that can kill us today is catastrophic error, so anytime it's passed back to Steer or if Elmo's caught I'll be bricking it. 

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Got a bad feeling 

Call it pessimism after years and years of false dawns, almosts and nearlys, but i cant shake it 

I've gone through that now. This manager and team is different, everything feels different. 

Time to set those traps and get the overload going.