Cup Final One (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

On 09/05/2019 at 19:00, mjmooney said:

So there I was on FB, chatting about the prospects for Saturday's match with a good mate of mine who happens to be an Albion fan. Perfectly civilised conversation (he's very worried about facing us) - and then a mutual acquaintance butted in. He's a bluenose - "I don't care who wins - as long as it isn't Villa". Why are they so obsessed? It's pathetic. 

......because when you put their gates together, they equal ours.....its called envy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Not sure about potent going forward  - two of our wide players Green and Adomah are quite often poor - El Ghazi has his moments but is very inconsistent - we also tend to squander a lot of chances and openings   

are you sitting by me?

Form is out the window.....its all on the day.

Its about composure, passion, will and desire.....its about belief and the determination to see the thing through.

The team that embraces all that.....will succeed.

Hope its us.

UTV

Edited by TRO

They still haven’t got a proper manager have they? It was a shame about Darren Moore, I thought he was going well. 

Almost arrogant of them to sack him and not appoint another full time manager. 

• Like 4

Very apprehensive about this.

There will be goals and tomorrow I would take 1 goal lead into the second leg.

I think there will be a lot of tension in the air and wouldn’t be surprised if they score first.

Their results show they are unpredictable(they have beaten Norwich and Sheffield Utd away and thrashed Leeds 4-1 at home)

We have been playing some of the best football I have ever seen from Villa and just hope the team can continue their recent form.

I hope the coaching staff have been studying Johnstone from what I remember last year his big weakness was dealing with corners that are delivered on his 6 yard line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I hope the coaching staff have been studying Johnstone from what I remember last year his big weakness was dealing with corners that are delivered on his 6 yard line.

Yeah agree, as much as he has his strengths, he has very weak points. I'm sure Dean and Co will be attempting to exploit this. 

20 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Going 3 goals down seems to be the key to success in knockout competitions these days, hopefully we do that. 

Disclaimer, don't do that villa please. 

The key is to go 4 goals up apparently. Let's do that instead!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I've been so confident all week, but I'm a bag of nerves tonight

People think I'm accepting defeat by saying this but totally disagree. Im happy and think just being in the playoffs is a bonus all things considered, when you look back to february say.. Considering how poor we were for the majority of the season. Funk it we're in good hands now. if we do lose we'll go again next year with Dean and the boys but We have as good of a chance as any team in it. No fear,  pressure is for tyres.

• Like 3

This season has been bizarre.We started well under Bruce then faded then we started under Smith with incredible performances and then had a huge drop in form when play offs seemed unlikely and we end the season with an amazing run.

We have spent very little time in the top 6. Leeds and West Brom have been there all season and Derby have been there for the majority of the season.

We turn up right at the end of the season and we think we can beat anybody.Maybe we can.Maybe we have timed this to perfection and we are playing our best football when it matters most .

I hope so.

• Like 1

I didn’t want to think of this game. I can’t handle this nervous. Last season waiting for our games against Boro and Fulham as well watching them.

I’m trying to not think about going up. But still its really hard games coming up.

• Like 1