Cup Final One (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

First season in 20 I've not been to a game, it's been a year of shit and I've just not been able to make it, so no play off games for me. Aim to be at the first game back in the premiership (hi Limpid) so GET US THERE LADS.

I'll be cheering us on via my sofa. I'm feeling nervous and that's unusual for a semi. Dick.

Edited by Dick
  • Haha 1

Good morning VT.The countdown begins!

Gonna be a colon cleansing with the morning coffee and the pre game nervousness creeping in. 

Look forward to having you with me when the 180(+) minutes of agony ensues. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Time moves slow doesn't it? Feels like being a kid at Christmas again. 

Haha agreed..woke up early here..did not sleep well..6 and a bit hours to go..thankfully my youngest daughter has a footy match this morning which will help to take my mind off the nerves..then a fridge full of beer and mates coming round for the game..we can do this! I was at the final last year..I feel more confident today but maybe thats because we still have a 2nd chance Tuesday if we need one? Though I hate thinking that way. 

Football all day today, I don’t actually enjoy these sorts of games but am obviously compelled to watch them (on my own and not in company). Also looking forward to the other semi today to check out the possible opponents.

Despite this, feeling strangely confident but know WBA will be equally stoked. Hopefully no luck required but I feel we need to win 2-0.

Catch you later.....

• Like 1

I feel confident for a number of reasons. Firstly, there's a unity within our squad that was perhaps sparked by the dickhead that punched Grealish at Blues. We stand up for each other and leap to one another's defence in a way that has been absent for a long time. I like it and I think the fans do to and that has helped forge a bond between us all.

Secondly, going down to 10 men and conceding a pen and, subsequently, a goal against Rotherham was another pivotal point in our season. Smith was bold in bringing on Kodjia and going 2 up top whereas previous managers would have stuck a defensive midfielder on and tried to nick an equaliser. It paid off and we now know how to play in such a scenario and that we can not only win but still dominate possession.

Thirdly, if a team wants a scrap we can give as good as we get. Leeds away showed us that, again another example of our togetherness.

As far as Albion are concerned, yes they have some dangerous players in Rodriguez and Gayle, but they don't have a plan in the way we do. Over 2 games I would back a side with the Smith approach every time. Plus we have match winners all over the pitch.

Having said that, bad luck, injuries, sendings offs can all effect the result on the day so I don't want to sound over-confident, but if you were betting on anyone you'd have to back us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I’ll give all three of my testicles for a 3-0 win. Wait, that will leave me none for the next match.......  i’ll Give one of my testicles for a 3-0 win.   

Mrs srsmithusa is a lucky lady. 🤣

On to today, I get a feeling that Smith will play this perfectly WBA will freeze, and we’ll be rampant.

I was very confident all throughout the week, but getting up early today, just waiting for the game to start, my cool is eroding at a worrying speed. By kick off time, I’ll be an absolute wreck at this rate. 

Confidence breeds confidence lads, we've got this. My Baggies work mates feel like they're gonna get smashed by us. We made the final last year being absolute rubbish, where as this time around we actually know what we're doing. 

Villa need to play with total arrogance this afternoon.

no respect should be given to the yam yams after their cheating antics in December.

I want to see a reducer by whelan on Rodriguez in the first moments of the game. similar to the disrespect robinson gave to messi the other night by shoving his head after wynaldons tackle in the first min.

then we should take charge setting the tempo slowing it down then ramping it up to warp speed when we are in the 60 yard zone.

i dont know why Villa fans are feeling nervous today its not like we are 3-0 down to barca. we are playing west bromshit they've always been a laughing stock to me, people from tipton who commute on horse and carts support them🤣🤣🤣

total arrogance today. collars up and fresh skin fades.

Edited by screwdriver
edited for extra disrespect towards albion