Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Just Bamford? How about Roberts for his deliberate cheating and Jansson for trying to tackle Albert? All part of the game is it?

Roberts was a young man under extreme pressure, think its a bit unfair to criticise him to much.

I dont know what Jansson was doing, frustrated but he didnt really try to tackle imo, it was a half hearted attempt.

How about Hourihane for grabbing and apparently punching Klich or McGinn i think it was falling over 1st half to win a pen (something he did i think vs Bristol City to). Or Grealish for trying to get someone booked or sent off?

Could go round and circles, lets not pretend your players are whiter then white.

Bamford will probably get a ban and I'd think so will Hourihane.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

To be fair, i agreed with pretty much everything you said...the cooper tackle i agree was a booking but no more. he was out of control (despite winning the ball) but dont think his aim was to injure jack, which is generally the definition of a red.

The bit of your post i left above, yes you should play to the whistle, but your man stopped...actually stopped...i even think there was a motion like he was about to put it out, before knocking it down the line. in this case, i think we can easily be forgiven for not playing to the whistle and is the reason for the reactions afterwards. it was deliberately deceptive and incredibly unsportsmanlike.

fair play to bielsa for ordering the goal and the players for allowing him through (except that tosspot janssen...imagine had he actually stopped adomah? that would have inflamed the situation once again and i guarantee there would have been more reds...ridiculous behaviour)

Think as you say that was the issue, Roberts looked like he was going to put it out and then didnt, if he had carried on as normal then that would have been different.

I do wonder if because Kodjia had gone down not long before then popped up after a short while did the players remember that?

As i said the kicking it out thing is a bit to easy to take advantage of imo and just shouldn't happen.

If a player is injured the ref stops it, that would end this sort of situation.

Players arent meant to put it out.

8 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Its during the game that matters though, i think a sending off would have been very harsh, in hindsight within the laws of the game maybe but in hindsight maybe McGinn was a bit fortunate to.

He slipped but that was a tackle full of anger and intent 

Agreed, he was absurdly stupid, and fortunate not to walk.

14 minutes ago, Cjay said:

As you say though, looking at that pic yes it looks bad but i would imagine quite a few tackles look worse if you freeze frame.

I'm sure i would and you would probably try to defend it to, we are biased lol.

What bothered me most was if Grealish was so hurt why was he immediately up waving fake cards and screaming? 

Thats another horrible thing thats crept into the game, if your hurt fine, but dont try and ref the game and hardly good sportsmanship.

Adrenaline. I've been the victim of a bad tackle, got up in anger and then went back down when i actually realised how much it hurt me. It was a yellow, borderline red, and defending it is silly. I wouldn't defend it if it were Mings on Hernandez.

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Roberts was a young man under extreme pressure, think its a bit unfair to criticise him to much.

I dont know what Jansson was doing, frustrated but he didnt really try to tackle imo, it was a half hearted attempt.

How about Hourihane for grabbing and apparently punching Klich or McGinn i think it was falling over 1st half to win a pen (something he did i think vs Bristol City to). Or Grealish for trying to get someone booked or sent off?

Could go round and circles, lets not pretend your players are whiter then white.

Bamford will probably get a ban and I'd think so will Hourihane.

Roberts age has nothing to do with not putting the ball out. it was a deliberate attempt to cheat. Your players targetted Grealish yesterday, end of. Can't remember McGinn falling over but of course your players are as white as the shirt they wear. Jansson has never tried to deceive a ref has he?

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Who did that?

McGinn was reckless and could have walked. Hourihane might be lucky to escape a ban. Bamford is a scumbag who conned the officials. Roberts is a sneaky toad. Funnily enough, one of the only people I don't blame is Klich.

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Or Grealish for trying to get someone booked or sent off?

How dare he want yellow cards for being fouled eh 😂

What about Hernandez's pretty awful challenge on Green too?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Leeds fans are talking like it was a normal slide tackle and he caught him with his trailing leg.

He absolutely launched himself into that and made absolutely sure he was getting man and ball.

If that had been a red, you wouldn't see many neutrals complaining. Awful tackle.

Edit: and for balance I thought McGinn's tackle that he got booked for was awful too. He did lose his footing, but it was still a bad bad challenge.

Lot of neutrals think it was a fair challenge tbh mate if you check.

It was a foul in todays game but personally i think the game is to soft now and a lot of "fouls" in the game weren't even fouls.

Grealish doesnt help himself imo, its interesting the only fans who think he isnt a cheat or a bit soft are you (and why would you).

McGinn was lucky i agree, did slip but was a tackle of anger and intent.

Edited by Cjay

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

And they're wrong. It's wild and out of control. You can't tackle like that. It isn't soft to protect players from broken bones, which that tackle could have easily have resulted in.

If it were Mings on Hernandez, or Cooper on literally any other Villa player, you'd be agreeing with us. But weirdly, other fans have this thing about Grealish. Must be jealousy.

5 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Roberts age has nothing to do with not putting the ball out. it was a deliberate attempt to cheat. Your players targetted Grealish yesterday, end of. Can't remember McGinn falling over but of course your players are as white as the shirt they wear. Jansson has never tried to deceive a ref has he?

Grealish was man marked by Phillips, we've done the same thing to other players. 

He was targeted in the sense of that but he spends a lot of time looking for fouls, I've seen your own fans admit that, the guy may get some rough challenges as most flair players do but he very much buys a lot of fouls imo.

1st half think it was Klich, bumped into McGinn and Mcginn fell forward, looked at the ref for a pen then got up.

In terms of the waving card thing no, that was never Jansson's thing, Saiz yes, Jansson no.

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Grealish was man marked by Phillips, we've done the same thing to other players. 

He was targeted in the sense of that but he spends a lot of time looking for fouls, I've seen your own fans admit that, the guy may get some rough challenges as most flair players do but he very much buys a lot of fouls imo.

1st half think it was Klich, bumped into McGinn and Mcginn fell forward, looked at the ref for a pen then got up.

In terms of the waving card thing no, that was never Jansson's thing, Saiz yes, Jansson no.

It's funny you accuse Grealish of deceiving refs when your own bloke got one of ours sent off by pretending to be smacked in the face.

Grealish wins a lot of fouls, because, and you'll like this, he's a bloody good player. Same with McGinn.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How dare he want yellow cards for being fouled eh 😂

What about Hernandez's pretty awful challenge on Green too?

How dare he try and get another player sent off? 

Pablo's one was a booking the sort you see in every game.

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

I seem to recall him feigning he’d been hit in the head in a previous game against us when replays showed no contact. Odd for someone who allegedly would head a brick

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

How dare he try and get another player sent off? 

Pablo's one was a booking the sort you see in every game.

He stepped on his Achilles. Watch it again. It wasn't intentional, but it wasn't just a harmless trip. 

I guess in the cold light of day.....That game was predictable, in as much as a team coming there on a 10 game win.....Its was all going to be stop them at any cost......I think any stuff we got involved in was just defending ourselves

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And they're wrong. It's wild and out of control. You can't tackle like that. It isn't soft to protect players from broken bones, which that tackle could have easily have resulted in.

If it were Mings on Hernandez, or Cooper on literally any other Villa player, you'd be agreeing with us. But weirdly, other fans have this thing about Grealish. Must be jealousy.

I probably would i agree, if that was Mings on Hernandez I'm sure i would.

But it wasnt so i will defend my player😁 although i did concede i can see why he got booked.

We are all biased, Mings has history for stamping on people, did you defend him?

Grealish reminds me of Saiz and Saiz got on my tits for all his talent.

17 minutes ago, Cjay said:

It was a foul in todays game but personally i think the game is to soft now and a lot of "fouls" in the game weren't even fouls.

Grealish doesnt help himself imo, its interesting the only fans who think he isnt a cheat or a bit soft are you (and why would you).

McGinn was lucky i agree, did slip but was a tackle of anger and intent.

Lots of neutrals are wrong. 

The game’s gone soft is a shit excuse. 

Its 2019, we work in 2019’s laws of the game. It was a dangerous tackle and he’s lucky he didn’t get sent off. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cjay said:

We are all biased, Mings has history for stamping on people, did you defend him?

No? Where have I? What he did to Ibra was indefensible, not sure what it has to do with Cooper almost breaking Grealish's ankle though.

This is so bizarre. You're not only inconsistent with your views but you're also projecting pretty hard onto me.

17 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Think as you say that was the issue, Roberts looked like he was going to put it out and then didnt, if he had carried on as normal then that would have been different.

I do wonder if because Kodjia had gone down not long before then popped up after a short while did the players remember that?

As i said the kicking it out thing is a bit to easy to take advantage of imo and just shouldn't happen.

If a player is injured the ref stops it, that would end this sort of situation.

Players arent meant to put it out.

not that you're suggesting refs stop play for all injuries, but i'm already skeptical as to how many players clutching their heads actually have head injuries or whether they're just trying to get the game stopped. maybe the answer is just to say across the board tough tits if your man is down, carry on unless the ref stops it. i wonder if yesterday's events will prompt the discussion, or perhaps teams could agree on an approach pre game between the managers and/or captains

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Lots of neutrals are wrong. 

The game’s gone soft is a shit excuse. 

Its 2019, we work in 2019’s laws of the game. It was a dangerous tackle and he’s lucky he didn’t get sent off. 

Yep, it's not hard to grasp. But the endless projection is just bizarre.

We are all very capable of stating what our own players did was right or wrong, without bias.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's funny you accuse Grealish of deceiving refs when your own bloke got one of ours sent off by pretending to be smacked in the face.

Grealish wins a lot of fouls, because, and you'll like this, he's a bloody good player. Same with McGinn.

And Bamford was a clearing in the woods for what he did.

And Grealish does deceive refs, and you won't agree because he is your player which is fair enough.

And he is a good player,so is Ronaldo and he is famous for deceiving refs as are many good players.

Players like Grealish are the worst for it, flair players who do get kicked more then most they do have a habit of falling down more then most.

Ronaldo, Neymar, Zaha loads of them.

Doesnt mean they arent talented (Grealish is clearly).

Â