Football Kits 2019-20

sne

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

from zeros to heroes

nice idea, PP obviously knowing the publicity stunt and reaction is worth more than next years coverage, something tells me they wouldn't have done it with a PL team though

It is a nice idea but it’s never going to work on any sort of large scale. 

The publicity from this will be enough for paddy power to forego any benefits they’d get from having their name on the shirts. 

But once a couple of companies do it then there’s no benefit. 

Still a cool idea for this season though!

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The publicity from this will be enough for paddy power to forego any benefits they’d get from having their name on the shirts

Probably affects the overall price of the deal too.  I'd like the shirt if I were a Huddersfield fan but I'd be concerned that my club were going to be reduced to being a performing monkey to a bookmakers for the season because there's no way that this will be the only PR stunt for the season. 

And yes, I'm sure other clubs/sponsors will now try to have their own version of this and we will all be reminded about the law of diminishing returns. 

32 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Probably affects the overall price of the deal too.  I'd like the shirt if I were a Huddersfield fan but I'd be concerned that my club were going to be reduced to being a performing monkey to a bookmakers for the season because there's no way that this will be the only PR stunt for the season. 

And yes, I'm sure other clubs/sponsors will now try to have their own version of this and we will all be reminded about the law of diminishing returns. 

Yes I wonder what people would rather do, take less money for sponsoring the shirt with the consequence of selling the naming rights to Villa Park, or keep VP sacred and continue with a sponsor on the shirt.

I don't think there really is an answer which would please everybody tbh, not unless Birds Custard or Cadbury decided they wanted to spend about £10m a year on advertising. 

39 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I wonder what people would rather do, take less money for sponsoring the shirt with the consequence of selling the naming rights to Villa Park, or keep VP sacred and continue with a sponsor on the shirt.

or not have FFP, stick a charity on the shirt and have the owner make up the difference

On 18/07/2019 at 10:41, villa4europe said:

their weekly fan denial videos are great though

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower/status/1153759375531675648

They’ve done a Fan Denial on the shirt release. I can see where people are coming from, especially considering the damage gambling addiction can do, but their marketing and media team are absolutely brilliant! 

• Like 1

Â