Match Thread: Rotherham v Villa

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

Correct, because he makes things happen.  Hourihane doesn't.

So he gets a free pass for the things he done wrong first half ?. His work rate, delivery. Hourihane scores goals, what's your point ?

• Like 1

I haven't seen the Mings first booking (sounds wrong?) but, otherwise, the ref is just being picky, surely?  Penalty against us was correct. Second booking for Mings is correct.  Booking Smith for leaving his technical area is probably correct.  Has he really been that bad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I don’t see how the ref gives a red for that, that was not a deliberate hand ball for God’s sake

He didn't give a red, he gave a yellow, as per the rules. 

• Like 1

Well that was a bit shit. Players weren’t at it from the start and we brought that on ourselves for poor play. 

Didnt see mings first booking but can see why he got the second. That being said this referee has been nothing short of disgraceful and seems to be revelling in winding the players up. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

So he gets a free pass for the things he done wrong first half ?. His work rate, delivery. Hourihane scores goals, what's your point ?

My point is that Hourihane doesn't impact on games.  Grealish does.  Without Hourihane in the starting eleven, we've looked a lot better.  Today, he's come back in and we've looked poor.  Not sure what you're not getting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I haven't seen the Mings first booking (sounds wrong?) but, otherwise, the ref is just being picky, surely?  Penalty against us was correct. Second booking for Mings is correct.  Booking Smith for leaving his technical area is probably correct.  Has he really been that bad?

Why didn't he book their player for their pen?

Just now, bobzy said:

I haven't seen the Mings first booking (sounds wrong?) 

There was literally nothing in the Mings one, and at least a couple of their players ought to be in the book. And they don't seem to know about the offside rule. Other than that, they've been grand.

Just now, bobzy said:

I agree. Think Smith's booking was a bit harsh but other than that.... he's got most of it right. 

We have no one to blame but ourselves. 

If Mings tripped their player out of frustration for the first booking then that probably should have been a yellow too. 

If a less popular player got two yellows for the same thing Mings has he'd be getting slaughtered. He's had an absolute shocker there. He's stuck his arm towards the ball and it's connected - there's really nothing to complain about there in terms of the ref's decision.

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

we are not and have not been playing well but our penalty miss is the game changer.

score that 1 up  and its a different game

very disappointing and very difficult to watch at the moment

half time team talk/tactics much needed

a draw here will look like a great result right now..

It will be interesting to see if Smith can come up with a plan b. Still not convinced (I'll take all the flak you want).

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

It was clear from the start that this was going to happen. They just don’t look like they want to be there. We only have ourselves to blame. To be honest, Rotherham are do poor that we could still get something here if we actually make an effort. The performance of Tammy was nothing short of disgraceful. I would bring Big Davis on at HT and go for it.

Reminding me of the QPR game, the ref is killing us.

Admittedly Rotherham aren't being as twatish as QPR were, but they are getting away with bad and persistent could because the ref isn't punishing them, yet we've had cards for nothing (including the manager)