Match Thread: Rotherham v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Why didn't he book their player for their pen?

Handballs are yellow cards. 

A handball should result in a yellow card caution if a player handles the ball for the purpose of deliberately preventing an opponent from getting possession of the ball. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Why didn't he book their player for their pen?

I haven't seen that either.  What was it given for?  Deliberate handball is a booking.  That's the rule.  I think it's harsh, personally, to give a penalty and a second yellow - but he's technically correct to do so.

4 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Get Whelan on instead of El Gahzi - Put Conor further forward, 

I’d rather Whelan on for Conor. Whole midfield is gash, just not clicking, McGinn out of sorts. Maybe Whelan to anchor the middle and let Jack and McG push up.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

If a less popular player got two yellows for the same thing Mings has he'd be getting slaughtered. He's had an absolute shocker there. He's stuck his arm towards the ball and it's connected - there's really nothing to complain about there in terms of the ref's decision.

his arm was behind him and quite close to his side?

I said we needed to up the performance from the last two games and it hasn’t happened.

Rotherham are terrible though, even with 10 I still think we can win but being 1-0 down doesn’t help.

I thought the ref was shocking to send Mings off, not even sure what he was booked for the first time? Penalty was dubious in itself, it’s not clear handball at all, looked like his shoulder.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I haven't seen the Mings first booking (sounds wrong?) but, otherwise, the ref is just being picky, surely?  Penalty against us was correct. Second booking for Mings is correct.  Booking Smith for leaving his technical area is probably correct.  Has he really been that bad?

Their player doesn't get booked for a blatant foul for our pen, their player doesn't get booked for a truly shit challenge on adomah, their player doesn't get booked for just chopping the back of jack's legs when the ball is 2 yards away.

Consistency.

Edited by jjaacckk91
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

its shockingly woeful.....They can't win a challenge.....we always play crap against teams willing to scrap.

I can understand a team fighting for their lives.....why aren't we fighting for ours on the back of 6 wins.

outside McGinn none of our lot has any fight tonight.

trouble is ......you usually get what you deserve.

ps its games like this that show you what Taylor and Elmo are really like......made of glass.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Crazy ref but we now need to find the character and determination to get something from this game. It's a good test on the mental strength of the team.

We seem unprepared for the high press and physicality. Weird. 

Tuanzebe need to be more active moving into space when it's there. Now it's a short pass to a fullback under pressure, then hoofball into nowhere. We're not winning games like this playing long balls to Tammy.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Was hardly a deliberate hand ball. Watch the replay, he turns his left side away and pulls his arm back 

Nah, it's absolutely deliberate. Mings knows it - look at his reaction.  He makes a decision to lean in to it and his chest doesn't make it.

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Was hardly a deliberate hand ball. Watch the replay, he turns his left side away and pulls his arm back 

I agree it wasn't deliberate, but no handballs ever are. The rule is stupid. The ball should have been no where near his arm with how much time he had to adjust his body for it. But it did hit his arm so....  If it was the other way round I'd have wanted a penalty for sure. It's terrible defending. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Their player doesn't get booked for a blatant could for our pen, their player doesn't get booked for a truly shit challenge on adomah, their player doesn't get booked for just chopping the back of jack's legs when the ball is 2 yards away.

Consistency.

Only saw the Vaulks on Grealish - which should have been a booking, yeah.  I finally got the app working after about 25 mins I think.