• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Tuanzebe (Hause 53)
    • Adomah (Green 71)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 82)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/19 at 22:59

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Just got back from the game. Absolutely massive win, although we didn't really deserve it. The away support was phenomenal, I had barely picked myself up from the floor after Adomah's goal before Abraham stuck one in. Once again the fans pulled the team over the line, credit where it's due.

Credit goes to Steer, Taylor, McGinn & Adomah

Steer kept us in the game with the penalty save. I've said it before but he commands the box so well, takes every aerial ball and organises the defence so well.

Taylor has been solid for a number of games now, he flys under the radar with fans quick to jump on his back but lately he has been class at left back. Today he didn't put a foot wrong and the left side looked a lot stronger for it.

McGinn is a workhorse and is just relentless for 90 minutes. He's the glue that holds the midfield together (even Grealish)

Adomah did what he hasn't done for a year, he changed a game and finished arrived late to finish a game off. Green was poor today and he's staked a claim for a starting spot, competition in a squad is what we need.

Onto Rotherham, a nice win with a clean sheet heading into Bristol City at home will do the squad a world of good.

Up the f**king Villa

Not true. A few instances of flapping today, but fortunately didn’t cost us. First time in his return no1 spell where I had my doubts.

Still voted him our MOTM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Pretty sure it was Taylor who lost his man for their goal, so i wouldn't say he didn't put a foot wrong.  But much improved for sure.

Think you’ll find the goal came down the right side, right backs fault, both centre halves got drawn to the right to cover instead of communicating and one covering the centre leaving Taylor in no mans land. But hey ho see it how you want!

• Like 1

Great away day. Wednesday were the better team in the second half no doubt about it. Made the end so much sweeter. Steer MOTM for the pen save.

I think we’ve probably got the best defender, midfielder and striker in the league. Yesterday they all had an off day but we still got the win. That’s what successful teams do! Grealish was marked/fouled out of the game but turned it on last ten mins. Tammy wasn’t great but didn’t give up and got a great goal at the end. The character in this team is brilliant, props to DS and his team.

6 in a row and it’s starting to look like that Fulham run last season. Let’s not slip up at Rotherham midweek then the big one next Saturday. UTV!

Didn't play well but still won, sign of a really good team. Hoping that we get back to the level we showed against Derby and Boro on Wednesday and in the final six games, felt that we were let off the hook yesterday and on another day would have lost. 

That game against Bristol is huge now, win on Wednesday and next Saturday and playoffs will be looking more and more likely. If we do get to the playoffs, we need to bring our A game because whether we end up against Albion or Leeds/Sheff Utd, the semi will be really tough. But if we get to the final I feel we'll go and win it as we have more matchwinners in the team compared to last season in my view and a younger, hungrier team. 

We really need to stop winning so many games, my liver has taken a pounding over the last month. 

Great win, great atmosphere, great away day. Up the **** Villa 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, terrytini said:

Terrific stuff.

Cant play like Barcelona all the time. Started well,then, As is allowed, the Home Team did well.

Pretty much no players at more than 6/10 but character, resilience, determination, doggedness, are as much a part of a Winning Team as silky skills.

Credit to the Coaching staff for instilling it and the players delivering.

I wouldn’t normally comment on the Poll but my God you are a mean bunch. Manager gets 6th Win on the bounce Away at a side unbeaten there under their new boss and he gets a load of “ average “ and a few “ poor” ?!!

And can there be any better way to Win such an important game. Fantastic fun at the end and walking away from the ground.

or even Norwich.

I watched their game against QPR and while QPR were very poor, Norwich never stopped running they have 11 John McGinns and they constantly Challenge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Pretty sure it was Taylor who lost his man for their goal, so i wouldn't say he didn't put a foot wrong.  But much improved for sure.

Came from the other side so it was more likely Elmos man for the initial break, this pulled everyone out of position!

However you cant moan that much if you want attacking football as the full backs will be often pushing forward.

Edited by Nigel

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

Came from the other side so it was more likely Elmos man for the initial break, this pulled everyone out of position!

However you cant moan that much if you want attacking football as the full backs will be often pushing forward.

I was talking about the guy who put the ball into the net who ran in unopposed from our left hand side.

Taylor was about 3 yards behind him and didnt seem to be pushing to get back and make a tackle.

• Like 2

Watched this in amongst the home fans with my friend who lives in Sheffield and is a Wednesday season ticket holder. I and they thought the Villa support was fantastic. Wednesday were a tough team to beat and I would have been delighted to have drawn 1-1.

i thought the injuries played a big part in this game. If Hause had not gone off I don’t think we would have given them so many second half chances and if Bannan hadn’t gone off we may not have got up the field so well at the end.

This was the first game I’ve seen live since our run started and was really impressed with the strength in central defence, the energy of McGinn and the overall work rate of the team. Some of the fear has gone and players have started to play balls into forward spaces rather than pass sideways. we now also have a lot of players who can score goals for us.

good game to watch and the right result

17 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

how about we go up and you lot join us ;)

Think you lot spoiled the party for that one Marv lol

Nah, it was a bit of a pipe dream for Owls fans.

Wednesday have wasted half the season on playing several players who should never have been anywhere near the first team, while leaving several out who were shoe-ins, through the stubborness of an idiot of a manager.

So..save yourselves!!!...We are out of it, Bannan now injured, and sadly our reliance on that one player has not helped us this year...At one point the crowd used to go mental at other players cos they passed it to him while he was on the sodding floor, it was getting ridiculous.

Be 20 years for us down here and lower next season, you lads take your chance while you have it....its slowly wearing and every time you get near and miss out it tears a bit more outta you.

FFP won't help us next season, we have to get players off the books, the chairman will carry on with his ridiculous pricing regime while espousing that the money that comes through the gate makes no impact...which begs the sodding question  "Why charge so much then?"

Still they all whitter that "The Championship" is the best league in the world, don't they....Ever tried asking for a swap? lol

• Like 2

Â