• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Tuanzebe (Hause 53)
    • Adomah (Green 71)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 82)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/19 at 22:59

There's always next year :thumb: Although with Bruce there any failure OR success wont be pretty ;)

I have a real soft spot for Wednesday. Best away day ever for me in the Big Ron/Trevor Francis season opener. Older than our club, massive and hard done by fanbase.... and I do like a unique name.

25 minutes ago, ASOWL said:

Be 20 years for us down here and lower next season,

that's incredible for a club of your size and history.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2019 at 17:33, MikeMcKenna said:

True but it was a blow. At the time it felt like the wind had been taken from our sails. Had Man U drawn that game who knows?

When we lost to Oldham at home 1-0 a few weeks later it looked like we’d given up! Terrible day!

Blackburn away for me. Shocking performance, we didn't turn up, the half built ground in a dismal place, and the horrible journey back knowing it was all over. Gutted! 

Cheers Nick 

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's always next year :thumb: Although with Bruce there any failure OR success wont be pretty ;)

I have a real soft spot for Wednesday. Best away day ever for me in the Big Ron/Trevor Francis season opener. Older than our club, massive and hard done by fanbase.... and I do like a unique name.

that's incredible for a club of your size and history.

Playing fields changed Marv....When Wednesday left the Prem there were no parachute payments Its a totally different animal.

My first trips to Villa park were in the 70's...(Yea I'm old)....In those days you only had to look at the grounds and the crowds  to know such as Villa and Wednesday would be back..

In fact daft as it sounds, I may have stood on the Holte end before a lot posting on here did...Came against Crystal palace...I think in 72 or maybe 3...It was a second replay after draws at Hillsborough and Selhurst, we were in the 3rd..Palace in the first (Old money)..took about 15000 so we got the Holte, bloody epic game we came from behind to win 3-2, I was about 14 and thought at the time there was only Hillsborough and a couple of other grounds  that were  big..Went down there with my uncle , marvellous end to stand on.

Obviously I went first chance I got again...had to stand on the opposite terrace and watch you lot win again a couple of times...Then If I remember correctly in the following couple of years I watched you lot run around the pitch at Hillsborough celebrating getting out of the bloody mess.

But that was always going to happen in those days..Wednesday were getting 20k in the 3rd..Villa I believe got up towards 30...We once got going up towards 30k for a night game against Southend..had to win to stay outta the 4th FFS!

These days ?..one "shiek" of a lambs tail...you're in the Prem..Fans mean next to nowt

That "Big Ron /Francis game?..same again mate wasn;t it?..Wednesday cruising...you come crashing back..great game though (especially Hirsts goal lol)

Then Big Ron returned..Everyone cheered him...I stood on the Eastbank and pouted like a wife watchin' her husband come home from the pub....He kept us up against the odds...then we sacked him out of pure revenge... shot ourselves in the foot..and still limp to this day

Some good games between the two sides though..can't ever remember a boring one

• Like 2

To carry on..and I know I'm probably overstaying me welcome...

I always liked watching Villas games on the telly as well..cos something ALWAYS happens..for good or bad...it never seems boring....(I'm sure you can tell me different)

Your game against The Blades at Villa park this season...?

I sat there thinking "Villa can do these buggers"..Our season was in meltdown and second best was someone spoiling Uniteds party.

Lo and behold..your name was mud in our house....I went out to prat about in the shed....then the lad texts...

"VILLA!!!".

.He's a mad Owl so I did one thing right....(or wrong.... if you happen to be in the NSPCC)

So in I rushes just in time to see the equaliser...

So like I said earlier I'll be sorry to see you go..You have a right chance now..similar to what Fulham did the other season, the team with impetus...We crawled into the play offs in league 2 a few years ago, by going on a similar run....took the promotion spot from United with a similar run in a couple of years later after dropping down again by going 19 unbeaten..its quite probable

but...

If worst comes to worst?

See you next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASOWL said:

Wednesday were getting 20k in the 3rd..Villa I believe got up towards 30...We once got going up towards 30k for a night game against Southend..had to win to stay outta the 4th FFS!

I know. That second year we were in the third division, the average crowd figure was 32K+ with a 48K v Bournemouth, which was just beaten much later by you lot v Sheff U derby game in the 80s or early 90s as the highest ever 3rd div attendance. We also got 68K odd v Utd in the cup (and beat them). Different times.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know. That second year we were in the third division, the average crowd figure was 32K+ with a 48K v Bournemouth, which was just beaten much later by you lot v Sheff U derby game in the 80s or early 90s as the highest ever 3rd div attendance. We also got 68K odd v Utd in the cup (and beat them). Different times.

I tip my hat mate...32k watching that 

The 50k at Hillsborough was  in '79 was even more remarkable by the fact there was a bus strike and most walked to the ground....(4-0 Wednesday😀) I might add 

There aren't many if any clubs that would average over 30k in the 3rd division..and your Arsenals, Spurs, Evertons, Man utds?..never been tested have they?

You can drop out for a year..keep constant...Have a few years of it..it tests you...

20 years near enough now for us...I'm 61..So will probably have tipped me toes up when some bloody geographically challenged shiek wanders into North Sheffield askin' 

"Is this the way to Knightsbridge?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ASOWL said:

I tip my hat mate...32k watching that 

The 50k at Hillsborough was  in '79 was even more remarkable by the fact there was a bus strike and most walked to the ground....(4-0 Wednesday😀) I might add 

There aren't many if any clubs that would average over 30k in the 3rd division..and your Arsenals, Spurs, Evertons, Man utds?..never been tested have they?

You can drop out for a year..keep constant...Have a few years of it..it tests you...

20 years near enough now for us...I'm 61..So will probably have tipped me toes up when some bloody geographically challenged shiek wanders into North Sheffield askin' 

"Is this the way to Knightsbridge?"

I remember Jan 29 1969 we were in the second division and were playing Southampton in a FA cup replay....We won 2-1  with Broadbent and Lionel Martin scoring to a crowd of 59,084.....some atmosphere that was.

Â