• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Tuanzebe (Hause 53)
    • Adomah (Green 71)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 82)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/19 at 22:59

Just now, briny_ear said:

Yes, but we were still only 1 point behind after that game with 5 to go and we ended the season 10 points behind.

So I don’t think that match was the only thing that went wrong!

True but it was a blow. At the time it felt like the wind had been taken from our sails. Had Man U drawn that game who knows?

When we lost to Oldham at home 1-0 a few weeks later it looked like we’d given up! Terrible day!

4 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I had the same feeleng. Wasn't nervous at all because I knew it wasn't going in.

:lol: Feels good, doesn't it? Feels even better when accompanied by the prescience that not only is their joy at winning the pen going to evaporate in seconds but that they are going to trudge off and the end, drained, defeated and utterly dejected, having been mugged.

• Haha 1

Defence was all over the shop today, our midfield struggled in the second half till bannan got injured.

Id struggle to argue that we deserved a point, the game was typical of Bruce in charge of villa in that many times under him we did OK in games, deserved more out of it and got **** all.

Wonder if he will call on his players to put wor boots on and roll wor sleeves up for the game 

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Typical Bruce team, I remember us losing few times like 

I remember us winning a few times like that as well. Like, for example, last season at Sheffield Wednesday. They must be sick of the sight of us by now.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

True but it was a blow. At the time it felt like the wind had been taken from our sails. Had Man U drawn that game who knows?

When we lost to Oldham at home 1-0 a few weeks later it looked like we’d given up! Terrible day!

Probably more for the “Ancient and Woeful History Of Aston Villa in the Late 20th Century” thread but We won the next two games against Arsenal and Man C and then lost the last three in a row. Not sure even the most ardent could pin that on Steve Bruce. 😁

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Defence was all over the shop today, our midfield struggled in the second half till bannan got injured.

Id struggle to argue that we deserved a point, the game was typical of Bruce in charge of villa in that many times under him we did OK in games, deserved more out of it and got **** all.

Wonder if he will call on his players to put wor boots on and roll wor sleeves up for the game 

actually should whelan and steer be joint MOM?

Steer for the penalty save, and Whelan for taking out Bannan?, as he was running the show. 😛 (i assume it was whelan?)

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I remember us winning a few times like that as well. Like, for example, last season at Sheffield Wednesday. They must be sick if the sight of us by now.

Indeed but the MU v SU game was exceptional with 7 minutes injury time. Nobody could explain why so much was played at the time. It was the ultimate ‘fergie time’

One Wednesday fan seems a bit salty :lol: 

Didn't Realise Villa Had Won Promotion Already?!?!?

Can't actually believe the delusion by Aston Villa the club and their fans, both actually believe they deserved the win even though:

• their equaliser is from absolutely nothing!

• we absolutely murder them 2nd half!

• the blatant cheating by Villa all game (Grealish and his diving, their player run into Hutch he then looks at ref and begs for a free kick, we get to the edge of the box and the ref stops the game, then Villa player is fine)

• the keeper makes a lucky save off Fletcher's penalty

• we should have a 2nd penalty for a clear 2 handed push on Hooper when the ball's in the air

• the 2nd Villa goal is totally undeserved and lucky to squeeze it in from the angle he did

• both the 1st and 3rd goals come off long balls they were playing all game!

I honestly dunno how they are where they are, all they are on that performance is a poo long ball team that are lucky!

I really hope they fizz the playoffs up and stay on the Championship just so we can do them over next season the set of deluded clearings in the woods!!!

Screenshot_20190406-173351_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190406-173343_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190406-173337_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190406-173328_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190406-173319_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Indeed but the MU v SU game was exceptional with 7 minutes injury time. Nobody could explain why so much was played at the time. It was the ultimate ‘fergie time’

Yes, it was definitely the official birth of “Fergie time”. 😡

40 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I am still not accustomed to winning games like this.

Nor me, and I've been a fan over 40 years!

• Like 1

Putting aside the more eye - pleasing  football the manager has brought to this wonderful club of ours. It's the mentality he's installed to that team, that is what stands out for me. Who thought it was a nailed on draw after the 80th minute ? And me. Happy, happy day's for us long suffering fans, but it feels like we're getting there, and the manager has to be given a lot of credit for that. He kept his head when all around were losing theirs . I really hope he achieves all his ambitions with us because, it seems , to me anyway, the perfect fit.

• Like 3

Â