• El Ghazi
    • Abraham
    • Tuanzebe (Hause 53)
    • Adomah (Green 71)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 82)
  2. 2. Manger's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/19 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Ref was a clearing in the woods. 

McGinn MOTM for me, he is just so McGinn.

Not our greatest performance second half, but still, 2 goals in 2 mins in injury time to seal 3 points is what the great teams do when they're on an off day.

NEXT.

sure do.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oh. My. God.

Didn't deserve it, second half was poor - Man City for 30 minutes, Lincoln City for an hour - but those last few minutes - Derby, Adomah, Bristol City, Abraham. Wow.

Screenshot 2019-04-06 at 17.01.18.png

Massive, massive result.

Imps are flying mate, 2 promotions in two years coming up, poss league two champions.

Yes the injury time was incredible, shows just how fine the lines are, season defining few minutes perhaps.  I think it's now in our own hands, Derby 3 points off with 10 fewer goal diff and a game in hand. If we can outpoint them from now till the end of the season we're in the playoffs.

• Like 2

Well :crylaugh:that was triple mad.

1/Mad game all round.

2/Mad that I just absolutely knew that penalty wasn't going to get scored. I didn't have a raised heartbeat at any point after it was given, I just dispassionately watched the failure unfold. As I, madly, knew it would.

3/ Mad that throughout the late grief they were giving us, I absolutely knew we would mug them at the end of the game in time added on.

However, I was wrong on two counts within that certainty. I thought it would actually be McGinn who would snatch it for us and I never imagined a second.

God knows were all that faith and certainty came from as we were dreadfully disjointed in our play. That said, it all got nice and fluid when it mattered, eh, Brucie? :crylaugh:

Well that was brutal. What a robery. Looked like men versus boys today. Much thanks to the referee turning a blind eye. However it's worrying that we crumble under such pressure. Our players did not turn up. But oh my what a few moments of individual brilliance. Amazing result and turn around! 

10 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

***REVENGE***

It is incredibly sweet scoring two in Sheffield  in injury time with Bruce as manager, albeit of Wednesday.

As many of the older fans will remember, Bruce scored the winner for Man U v Sheffield Utd in 1993 in the 7th minute of extra time when we were challenging them for the first premiership title.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/birth-fergie-time-steve-bruce-10559309

It took a long time BUT 

REVENGE IS SWEET! 😄😄😄😄😄

sure do.

6 minutes ago, John said:

Albion will be looking over their shoulders at us in fear after today...:D

I was thinking that, but then realised Albion play Bristol City next.. so rather they win that

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

***REVENGE***

It is incredibly sweet scoring two in Sheffield  in injury time with Bruce as manager, albeit of Wednesday.

As many of the older fans will remember, Bruce scored the winner for Man U v Sheffield Utd in 1993 in the 7th minute of extra time when we were challenging them for the first premiership title.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/birth-fergie-time-steve-bruce-10559309

It took a long time BUT 

REVENGE IS SWEET! 😄😄😄😄😄

Yes, but we were still only 1 point behind after that game with 5 to go and we ended the season 10 points behind.

So I don’t think that match was the only thing that went wrong!

15 minutes ago, privateer said:

2/Mad that I just absolutely knew that penalty wasn't going to get scored. I didn't have a raised heartbeat at any point after it was given, I just dispassionately watched the failure unfold. As I, madly, knew it would.

I had the same feeleng. Wasn't nervous at all because I knew it wasn't going in.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Â