Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

28 minutes ago, useless said:

If we're signing Benrahma who won't come cheap, then I'm not sure how much that would leave for a striker, if we're to get one that's a 'big swoop' as has been suggested then I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone on loan with an option to buy.

Yes, could be so. Benrahma and one more striker and we really couldn't ask for more. Literally, the best window in my life time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yes, could be so. Benrahma and one more striker and we really couldn't ask for more. Literally, the best window in my life time.

Yeah benrahma and a good striker/forward would be a 10/10 window for me.

• Like 1

As I’ve said before, Benrahma is hopefully coming. 

But I can’t see us getting a striker (apart from convincing owners by a loan one).

I think the club and manager are happy with Kodjia as a backup. If they found a loan then they might take it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He looks a superb player when I've seen him play. Reminds me a bit of Mahrez. Would you say he's a similar type of player to him?

Every time I watched  him , he reminds me of a young Hazard 

Agreed that I can't see us getting a striker (would love a surprise). If Benrahma is competed that will probably be us done in regards to incoming transfers. With the us trying to find clubs for kalanic, bjarnason, Lansbury and Hogan.

Chester could be added as we have signed 4 CB's but he obviously is a presence in the dressing room and played through an injury due to mismanagement at the club and forced to play at cb for month's when he should have been on the treatment table so deserves to be looked after, especially with the freeloaders we've had at the club previously.

5 minutes ago, Ken The Villan said:

Agreed that I can't see us getting a striker (would love a surprise). If Benrahma is competed that will probably be us done in regards to incoming transfers. With the us trying to find clubs for kalanic, bjarnason, Lansbury and Hogan.

Chester could be added as we have signed 4 CB's but he obviously is a presence in the dressing room and played through an injury due to mismanagement at the club and forced to play at cb for month's when he should have been on the treatment table so deserves to be looked after, especially with the freeloaders we've had at the club previously.

Thing is, we've already loaned Rushian and talk of Davies being wanted by clubs, so if Hogan goes we'd only have two strikers, so....?

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Thing is, we've already loaned Rushian and talk of Davies being wanted by clubs, so if Hogan goes we'd only have two strikers, so....?

In that scenario we would probably need one in, but are we gonna pay big money and then watch one of that player or Wesley sit on the bench. I'm still just so happy that this rebuild is happening in the prem and with money.

2019 has been the most optimistic I've ever felt for the club

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken The Villan said:

In that scenario we would probably need one in, but are we gonna pay big money and then watch one of that player or Wesley sit on the bench. I'm still just so happy that this rebuild is happening in the prem and with money.

2019 has been the most optimistic I've ever felt for the club

Absolutely. What I love about it, is that everything and everyone seems to be aligned on what needs to be done, before it then gets done, in some style. It's all just very impressive. 

• Like 1

There is no way in my mind we won’t get a striker also. We have decent cover everywhere else across the pitch except up front where we have just Davies, Kodija & Wesley which isn’t enough. Benrahma and this mystery striker. Wow what a window. 

• Like 1

All it would take is for Wesley to get injured and we'd be in trouble. I like Kodjia but in the Premier league and with the way Smith likes to play I think he'll better as an impact sub, and he's injury prone himself, as is Hogan, Davis has also had long spells out injured. So we really need bring someone in, in an ideal scenario someone who is as good or better than Wesley to take the pressure of him a little while he settles in. That said for all the talk from the fans of a new striker coming in we're not actually being linked to anyone in the media, there hasn't even been any real solid links to Maupay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think the club and manager are happy with Kodjia as a backup. 

I would doubt that very much.  It's not about someone to come on for 10 minutes when Wesley needs a rest or the odd game after suspension, it's what if Wesley breaks his leg or does his cruciate ligament on day 1 of the season. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

There is no way in my mind we won’t get a striker also. We have decent cover everywhere else across the pitch except up front where we have just Davies, Kodija & Wesley which isn’t enough. Benrahma and this mystery striker. Wow what a window. 

It might be if we’re playing one up top all season? Though personally I’d go for another.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Thanks.

How confident are you that this type of talk around the ground is usually correct?

This will be your biggest transfer window for sales won't it?, 12m for konsa, 15-20 each for maupay and benrahma (If they both do go), you will pocket something like 50-60m once all sales are done?, maybe more if you sell other players?

Very confident, come back and berate me if it doesn't happen!!!, The talk has been going around for a few weeks now, and yesterday at the ground almost confirmed it, he was a great favorite of DS, if anyone knows how good he is, Dean does, not only does he score goals, he makes them as well..

We will pocket more than that, Villa paid us the £3 million owing for Hogan + £5 million for Yennaris to China + £7 million for Woods, so it makes it nearer £70 million this year, mind you we have spent or are going to spend at least £25 million by the close of play Thursday, the biggest spend  record by us, by far, but still leaves a tidy profit.

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

It might be if we’re playing one up top all season? Though personally I’d go for another.

Still is Wesley gets injured or takes a while to get going just leaves Kodija as experienced back up and Davies is by no means prolific. Maupay to Brighton cements for me we have secured our first choice striker... 

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

He looks a superb player when I've seen him play. Reminds me a bit of Mahrez. Would you say he's a similar type of player to him?

Yes I think he is, also like Hazard, He's one of these small quick players that can turn defences inside out on his day, he was a joy to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

As I’ve said before, Benrahma is hopefully coming. 

But I can’t see us getting a striker (apart from convincing owners by a loan one).

I think the club and manager are happy with Kodjia as a backup. If they found a loan then they might take it.

I doubt it. They weren’t happy with him in the championship with Davis being ahead of him at times.

• Like 1

It would be weird to have such a well thought out transfer window, where we sign after a system and to cover all  bases, only to sit with one striker we can count on. I like Davis, but he is not ready for this. If Wesley gets injured, which often happens to big muscular target men, then we would be ****. Unless the plan is to skip playing with a targetman and go into some kinda Barcelona'esque diamond. 

I think he'd be a good squad player, but if we sign another striker I wouldn't be surprised if Kodjia got sold, he was apparently close to rejoining Angers in the last transfer window.