Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Is there anyway they would let us field 12 or 13 players, as that would be really helpful and let us play more of our new signings?

let's argue it as a human rights law, anf fool these days seem to be argue anything is a human right, we could argue "we have bought so many good players, they really deserve to be playing together, even if that means we field 13 players".

We could also argue it on equity.

Some idiot from the PC brigade would defo support it......

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is there anyway they would let us field 12 or 13 players, as that would be really helpful and let us play more of our new signings?

I’d have no problem with it personally. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For me we really need another striker so I hope (if we do sign) benhrama isn’t the last signing.

We will need to save a big signing for the last day of the window, just to give the Sky reporter at the gates the chance to say "the lights are still on at Villa." 😊

3 minutes ago, John said:

We will need to save a big signing for the last day of the window, just to give the Sky reporter at the gates the chance to say "the lights are still on at Villa." 😊

you know what, i would prefer it almost if they said....."Villa got all their business done early", and DS was like:

relaxing om nom GIF

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

Couldn’t we just get the signings done a day or so before,  just leave the lights on anyway and all go to the pub?

Although I’ve just realised the window slams shut at 5pm so it’ll still be light. Never mind I’ll copy and paste in January, just like a journalist would. 

• Haha 2

Ismaila Sarr going to Watford which is a shame as he looks like a cracking prospect and will be a great signing for them. Sure we could of tempted him here.  Hoping for Benrahma, Mateta or Schick. 

This transfer window is insane. I don't think I will ever experience one like this again. They players we have brought in are just so exciting. Normally I would be over the moon and really happy had we brought in one or two of them, now we have over 10!

I thought our budget would be around £50-60M and then a couple of loans and freebees. Now we are seriously building someting.

44 minutes ago, John said:

We should at least be “ testing someone’s resolve” surely ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

What was this for? Just instalments of the transfer? I’ve never heard it mentioned here

Last instalment payment I believe, there are very few exceptions when clubs pay for transfers in one go, instalments can be spread over 2-4 years with agreements in place, a majority of clubs now have built in extra's when selling a player, such as games played, international recognition, sell on clauses, to name a few, a check with companies house will reveal  what clubs finances are with regards to buying and selling players, its not difficult to find out if you know where to look. 

So only the Express article we've had from 2 journos I've never heard of in regards to Benrahma tonight. If it was really on I'd have thought we'd have heard something else along with it.