Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Question.  How many is too many in one window? Or is there such a thing?

I think that depends very much on how much is required and what is already in place, in our case we have little choice but to buy what would probably be too many for most cases, but we are a unique in this window. 

I'd say most settled teams tend to bring in 5 or 6 a few to improve the first team and a few to improve the squad, the big teams often only 2-3 if everyone is happy to add to what they have. Occasionally you get overhauls but the benefit rarely shows until a season or two later when everyone has bedded in.

In many ways the work Dean and the boys do between now and the start of the season, integrating players, team bonding, work on the training pitch is vitally important and will have a big impact on our season. I'm glad we have so many bodies in place for it and the sooner we get the ones we still need over the line the better!

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but with a core of players who are used to playing in England, that mitigates the risk of too many new players, and getting many of them in early helps too. Where you've got a well planned strategy, and a coach who knows what he's looking for, and is preparing for a a great many new faces then I'm not sure if there is too many. Especially if they aren't all planned for immediate first team action.

On the new front ( excluding loans re-signed ) - Guilbert, Wesley, Jota, Konsa, Targett, Luiz, Engels, ) - is 7, of which three know English football well, but maybe only 3/4 of those would be hoped for certain starters ( Wesley, Targett, Luiz , and maybe Engels or Konsa ). The spine of the side is largely already established - except up top. I'm not sure how many first teamers we will be aiming to buy on top of this - a goalkeeper certainly, but where else?

15 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Apparently bid for Milot Rashica from Werder Bremen.

I can see this as a more likely signing than Maupay tbh. Seeing as we play one up top, 15m is a bit excessive for, what would most likely be, a backup striker. Someone like Rashica would probably not be good enough to start right now, but could develop in time. You would expect him to cost less than 10m,so a more cost effective option. 

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

My guess is @Dante_Lockhart  is referring to this tweet from @agentvilla (posting link rather than twitter note as it's an ITK account, not an outlet/journalist).

I can't find any mention of it in any publication.

Hahaha that agent villa has got so much wrong this window. Another kid waiting to go on his holibobs.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Question.  How many is too many in one window? Or is there such a thing?

As a minimum - the amount of gaps in your squad where players are not of the required standard.
As a maximum - the amount your budget can afford.

If the minimum and maximum cannot meet - you're spending too much on individual players. Or a Chinese Dr (PhD). 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Over Wesley? 

Very different players.

Rashica is more of an attacking midfielder and well under 6" tall.
Wesley is a **** beast, and very much a central striker.

The longer this window goes on the better value our deals look. 70-80m for Maguire, Swansea turn down 15mil for McBurnie. It's complete madness. Shows the value of getting deals done early. 

• Like 1

Here. Not sure on this guys reliability, can't see any other rumour linking him. Seem a bit wild this one (for now) but maybe other links will follow. Makes sense as he is kind of Maupay and Benrahma in one and would start on the RHS. I still think we need another striker and for me Maupay fits that bill.

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 14.44.05.png

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Here. Not sure on this guys reliability, can't see any other rumour linking him. Seem a bit wild this one (for now) but maybe other links will follow. Makes sense as he is kind of Maupay and Benrahma in one and would start on the RHS. I still think we need another striker and for me Maupay fits that bill.

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 14.44.05.png

He's not reliable. Been outed on a number of occassions. Deletes previous tweets as well.

2 hours ago, Wes said:

According to this article on HLN.be, he was due to report to the club today but either he or his agent (lost in translation) told them he would not be turning up - as he appears to be trying to force a move. They seem to report than both us and FC Koln have made bids, but were not accepted. 

'Naughty' Nakamba

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is he though? Played more games at CF then any other position last season. 

Did he? Depends how you see centre forward I guess vs central attacking mid. By all accounts he's mainly played winger or CAM.

By my calcs we have spent a little over £100m on players including Luiz and Engels. If the rumoured targets land also then we could be seeing a total gross spend of near £150m. That is astonishing. 

Jota     £2,000,000 
El Ghazi     £5,000,000 
Hause     £3,000,000 
Wesley     £22,000,000 
Targett     £14,000,000 
Mings     £20,000,000 
Konsa     £12,000,000 
Luiz     £15,000,000 
Engels     £9,000,000 

Total     £102,000,000