Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

The press reports occurred right after the Wesley move and before ACON. They died down straight after the tournament. Now he is trying to reignite rumours to generate interest.

Most of the players we have signed have only hit the press a couple of days before they happened. Considering the lengths the club go to in order to keep a deal from being leaked, would he want to get on the wrong side of them by leaking it on social media. I remember Ravel Morrison doing something similar as a wind up. 

• Like 1

Shouldn't be bothered really, we have the Owners ready to splash that cash and who can back it as they have it.

Now the only thing is will this newly formed squad perform, we would all like to think so. If this new squad keeps us up then any money spent will of been more than worth the money spent. However if the squad can not perform and bring there game then we will have some fans hating no doubt which in a way i will understand but we will need to learn from our failures and I think the current regime can do that and take us back up with what we would no doubt drop with.

Birmingham Mail saying Darren Bent thinks we should go for Charlie Austin - if we can keep him fit.

In similar news - I know how to solve the Middle East peace issue - if I can keep religion and history out of it. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Really?

I'd be surprised if this is all a coincidence. Multiple reports in the press and now his actions on social media. No chance its all just made up and he's hoping. 

Yes I'm sure there's no smoke without fire on this one.  I've never seen them play but getting Nakamba and Luiz in for what we would have to pay for Phillips seems sound business.

Not sure if signing Nakamba would be overkill or not. When the Luiz transfer is finalized we'll have:

Grealish
McGinn
Luiz
Hourihane
Lansbury

Fighting for 3 midfield spots, with McGinn and Grealish practically shoo-ins every week. So it's more like 3 fighting for 1, which you can live with when the third is Lansbury. But if it's Nakamba/Luiz/Hourihane, somebody's progress is going to be stunted. It could even be McGinn if Dean feels Luiz is better suited in the #8 position.

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Birmingham Mail saying Darren Bent thinks we should go for Charlie Austin - if we can keep him fit.

In similar news - I know how to solve the Middle East peace issue - if I can keep religion and history out of it. 🤬

Pretty sure they published him stating that a few weeks ago.  Not only do they make up complete bullcrap, but they then repeat it a few weeks later.  How low can that publication sink?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure if signing Nakamba would be overkill or not. When the Luiz transfer is finalized we'll have:

Grealish
McGinn
Luiz
Hourihane
Lansbury

Fighting for 3 midfield spots, with McGinn and Grealish practically shoo-ins every week. So it's more like 3 fighting for 1, which you can live with when the third is Lansbury. But if it's Nakamba/Luiz/Hourihane, somebody's progress is going to be stunted. It could even be McGinn if Dean feels Luiz is better suited in the #8 position.

Our defence was our Achilles heel last season. This has to be significantly improved and in depth too. The club have addressed this straight away, but will also need strength in depth in defensive midfield too, so I am not surprised that we will need a Philips/Nakamba as well as Luiz (for the squad). I don't see Hourihane fulfilling a DM role at all.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thats2 said:

The Nakamba link has always felt like agent-driven nonsense to me. He just wants a move and is using the window’s most active participants to get it. To be fair, his agent is doing a good job.

I think his agent is doing a shitty job. Take our apparent personality template...If this dude is stropping around and we are genuinely interested, what does it really say about his character?! I'm sure the powers that be would be questioning their judgement also if he's behaving like a donut. His agent should be advising him to get to work while he does what he is paid to do. It's unprofessional and puts people off imo.. I hope we aren't in for him. Marvelous my arse!

25 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Darren Bent is trolling. He was slating Hause the other day. I mean, Hause is a kid who's career is just starting. 

He wants to mention flattering to deceive....Well he done some of that shit himself for a few years, deceiving people into thinking he was a striker. F****** money wasting mercenary.

Austin...…..Lets not go there again FFS. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Grealish
McGinn
Luiz
Hourihane
Lansbury

Lansbury is not cut out for prem level and injury prone.

We need strength in depth i think 2 midfielders would be ideal.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Must be careful of players that don’t rock up to training when meant to. More often than not they bad eggs. 

Maybe his gate was just broken...

• Like 1

Whelan and Jedinak both got plenty of game time last year so Luiz and Nakamba can too as direct replacements. Hourihane and Lansbury would then rotate in and out with Jack/John. Lansbury would've got more minutes last year if he was fit. 

6 midfielders is about right. 

Luiz / Nakamba (or A.N Other)

McGinn/ Hourihane

Jack / Lansbury (maybe not direct replacement as imagine Jota or our new winger will deputise Jack but there's room for 6)

Think that would work well, Hourihane and Lansbury would expect to be on the bench and making appearances from there.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Question.  How many is too many in one window? Or is there such a thing?

Well we lost 16 (if you include Chester). So we have a ways to go yet refilling the squad.

I know we are signing a lot, but imho we still have a ways to go just to get to a reasonable first team. Let alone back ups or rotation options.

I also dont think we are done with the outs yet.

tldr: too early to say :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Darren Bent is trolling. He was slating Hause the other day. I mean, Hause is a kid who's career is just starting. 

He wants to mention flattering to deceive....Well he done some of that shit himself for a few years, deceiving people into thinking he was a striker. F****** money wasting mercenary.

Austin...…..Lets not go there again FFS. 

Darren Bent seems to have elected himself chief pundit on all villa related matters. Seems a desperate attempt at staying in the limelight, as none of his previous club are in the Premier league anymore! I wouldn't mind, if he actually made sensible comments, but when he is stating we should sign Charlie Adams then he really should learn to stop embarrassing himself. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

but when he is stating we should sign Charlie Adams then he really should learn to stop embarrassing himself.

He's been doing that most of his career tbf.